Ironbound/Rusted Proto-Drake

#0 - May 29, 2009, 3:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Will these be going legacy as of 3.2?
#4 - May 29, 2009, 5:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will these be going legacy as of 3.2?

Last I heard they would be removed when 3.2 comes out, if this changes we'll let you know.
#13 - May 29, 2009, 6:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As we recently stated in our Under Dev page: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

In patch 3.2 the coliseum will hold new 5, 10, and 25 player challenges, so gear has to come with that especially since Arena Season 7 will start and we can't introduce new PvP gear without PvE gear.
#19 - May 29, 2009, 7:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

WOW, is that really the standard for how PvE gear scales? Because of how PvP gear scales?

Ulduar's itemization was absolutely terrible... is blame to be placed on the people who itemized PvP gear?

The gear from Ulduar is focused on PvE content and I haven't seen a lot of people using their PvP gear for the PvE content. That said, if we started season 7 and put in a new tier of PvP gear, then a lot of people would use the PvP gear for PvE which we want to avoid.
#135 - June 1, 2009, 5:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Sorry if there was any confusion on these mounts being removed in the future. I am working on getting an official response put together that covers the situation. There are some factors to consider, but we do plan to remove them.
#137 - June 1, 2009, 6:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Any plans to put some reward in its place? Seems kinda silly that GotH gives a reward when the Raider/Heroic Raider/Ulduar/Heroic Ulduar ones don't.

My suggestion would to wait till next expansion and combine all level 80 Raiding achievements (25 and 10) including Icecrown into a nice 280% flying Fire Wyrm!

I have not heard of any plans to put in a replacement reward.