Keep old bear / cat models for low levs

#0 - June 9, 2009, 11:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
and make them change to the 3.2 bear and cat forms at 60, idk
#22 - June 10, 2009, 1:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
and make them change to the 3.2 bear and cat forms at 60, idk

The old models for cat and bear form will go away in patch 3.2. You're welcome to hold services for the loss of these beautiful specimens at your own accord.
#61 - June 10, 2009, 8:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
People (including the blue) entirely missed the OP point.

One of the things that annoys druids is that there is no way to distinguish between a level 10 bear and a level 80 bear. By leaving the old models on lower level Druids, you effectively distinguish between the two.

It's actually a good idea and addresses one of the issues the community has complained about for a while now (a level 10 bear looks the exact same as a level cap bear).

I understood the point quite well, but we're not releasing cool new art --- a necessary upgrade, I might add -- and then putting a level requirement on it. There's a difference between failing to understand a point and disagreeing with its foundation. :)
#76 - June 11, 2009, 2 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You're twisting words to create a Straw Man. You put a level and challenge cap on gear. The gear that's obtainable at a higher level and difficulty is more intricate and aesthetically pleasing. Your Straw Man has been successfully knocked over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLsDvGlIDh0

If you could back up your assertion with evidence that a character's physical appearance, not clothing, is altered as players attain higher levels, I'd concede that I used a straw man argument.

The day my gnome's eyes start glowing red and I have access to new barber shop features unavailable to gnomes at lower levels is the day I'll fancy your stance.

The physical appearance of characters as chosen at the character selection screen does not change as one levels up, just as the forms a druid has access to do not currently change depending on level. I'm not even arguing that it isn't a good idea to do this. I can see the appeal, but that's not the way it's going to be implemented in patch 3.2, as was the point of my original post.