WoW updater repair tool cannot connect to

#0 - June 1, 2010, 1:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
HEY,i reinstalled WoW and i started up the wow updater said it cannot connect to the news server please check your network and try again, i reset my internet and it still didnt work, so i tryed to repair tool, and it said it could connect to the repair server, to download information, please try again later. 9 hours later = still dosent work, please help
#1 - June 1, 2010, 3:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Falckorn,

This either has to do with your internet settings or with your security software.

Go to the Control Panel and open up Internet Options.
Click on the Connections tab.
Click the button called "LAN Settings"
Uncheck all of the options on that screen.
Then try again.

If that does not work, go back in and check the box to "Automatically Detect Settings" and test once more.
#3 - June 1, 2010, 5:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Falckorn,

Try setting up the ports in your firewalls and see if that fixes it.

Port-forwarding and Firewall information: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21703&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2316
#5 - June 1, 2010, 8:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What security software do you have?

Do you, or have you ever had, Norton or McAfee? Those are the most notorious for blocking it.
#15 - June 1, 2010, 10:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Falckorn,

Huntinginak is correct that Norton leaves files behind and you will need to remove it with the Removal Tool.

The removal tool does not actually require that you know your login and password in order to be able to run.
#18 - June 19, 2010, 11:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
My desktop pc runs with new patch but laptop does not. As of tuesday i have not been able to play on laptop.

Stolluun, what you can do is copy these files from your Deskop to your Laptop:

Blizzard Updater
Launcher
Repair