Prot nerf

#0 - Feb. 6, 2010, 3:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I guess the nerf was sooo important that it had to be hot-fixed that day. Quest, raid bosses, and other various problems in the game can wait for weeks. Heaven for bid a prot paly has decent hp and fill the spot of a MT. Once again palys will be looked over in the LFG ch because a tauren dk will now have more hp, avoidance and damage reduction. This nerf will do nothing except make it a must to have to gem and enchant everything stam to stay in competition. including using BC enchants and other low level enhancements.
#30 - Feb. 6, 2010, 6:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I guess the nerf was sooo important that it had to be hot-fixed that day. Quest, raid bosses, and other various problems in the game can wait for weeks. Heaven for bid a prot paly has decent hp and fill the spot of a MT. Once again palys will be looked over in the LFG ch because a tauren dk will now have more hp, avoidance and damage reduction. This nerf will do nothing except make it a must to have to gem and enchant everything stam to stay in competition. including using BC enchants and other low level enhancements.

I don't think the situation is nearly as grim as you're painting it to be. Paladins are still very desirable tanks from a hardcore raiding or casual perspective. The class is still able to attain great mitigation through block talents and maintains multiple lines of defense against mass damage spikes. While, yes, this is a reduction, it is not big enough to break the tanking mechanics that the class plays by. It will have mild adverse effects, but it simply brings the class back into the range of play of other tanking classes.
#33 - Feb. 6, 2010, 6:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

omg a blue

tickle tickle

it would be nice if this made it into the recent in game fixes topic btw

This subject actually has it's own sticky in the tanking forums. I've linked it below.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=22749574063&sid=1