The following changes have been made to Isle of Conquest. Some of these changes may appear in the build going live today, while others might not make it in until the next build.
- Added a new powerful AoE attack to the Generals.
- Added bonus honor for destroying a gate (note: this honor is only given out once when the first gate is destroyed. Destroying additional gates does not grant additional honor).
- Increased the range of the Flame Turrets on the Siege Engines.li]Decreased the starting reinforcement count from 400 to 300.
- Achievements for the zone should all work correctly now.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Keep Cannons to be unable to be repaired and despawn.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the alliance gate to not have collision at the start
- Lowered the movement speed of the glaive thrower (again).
In addition to the changes originally listed in this thread, the following change was recently added and is now live on the test realms:
- Players gain a new buff after being launched out of the catapult that reduces all falling damage taken.
We intend to make the following changes to Isle of Conquest in the next test realm build:
- Increase siege damage from Glaive Thrower.
- Increase all damage from Siege Engine and its turrets.
- When the parachute effect ends from jumping off the Gunship, players will gain a new buff that reduces all falling damage taken.
- Increase the timer before a Catapult without a driver explodes from 30 seconds to 120 seconds.
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone who has experienced the following bug could provide us with as much information as possible on the circumstances surrounding its cause:
- Sometimes the Keep Cannons are being despawned and they never return. This should not happen.
Given that the changes originally detailed in this thread are now live, we'd love to get feedback on your experiences in this new Battleground. Is the average length of each battle better now? Did the changes to the Huge Seaforium piles help address the overly advantageous strategy of capturing the Hangar and parachuting into the enemy's base? Do the Keep Cannons still feel effective now that they do less damage given that you can now repair them? Any information you can provide on your game play experiences will help us a great deal to make this Battleground as fun as possible. Thanks!
=== Original Thread (25/06/2009) ===
Based on player feedback and testing, we will be making several changes to Isle of Conquest in the next test realm build. We'd like to lay them out for you here in the hopes we're able to encourage continued participation and feedback.
- Increased all the gates' health from 300,000 to 600,000.
- Increased the reinforcement count from 200 to 400.
- Significantly increased the health and damage of the keep generals.
- Reduced effect range of the siege damage caused. Both the player damage and the siege damage caused should be 10 yards now.
- The Huge Seaforium piles will now despawn for 20 seconds once looted.
- Glaive Thrower
- Reduced the cooldown of Blade Salvo from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Reduced movement speed.
- The Hurl Boulder and Ram effects no longer share a cooldown.
- Keep Cannons
- Fixed a bug that was causing them to do much more damage than intended.
- Keep Cannons can now be repaired once they are destroyed by clicking on them. This repair process takes 8 seconds and can be interrupted, similar to capturing a PvP objective.
- Siege Engine
- Significantly Increased health.
Your testing of this new Battleground thus far has proven invaluable and we ask that you please keep the feedback coming once these changes have been applied.