Vehicles and turrets. Are those fun for you?

#0 - Feb. 8, 2010, 12:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thats something that bugged me for a while now.

I realized that i completely hate being a vehicle driver or controlling a turret of some sort.
Its fun for few times but after a while you realize that:

— You are pressing 1 and i mean ONE button for 15 minutes and you are FORCED to do so if you want to win. Its extremely boring. Be it a turret, a vehicles or anything else.

— Vehicles cant be healed and they dont scale well with your gear. Means whenever i spend 2 minutes of driving my tank to the last gates in SOTA (dying of boredom) i get insta gibed by happy t9 shaman who manage to throw few instants before he dies.

— Driving a vehicle successfully requires great team play. If for some reason your team doesnt feel like spending all their time supporting you (and that happens often) — you are dead meat and basically not even contributing in the end. Again you are pretty much defenseless vs other players.

— i dont feel like they are even in place. More like slightly out of lore.

So in short i stopped doing SotA, IoC and not doing much on WG for a long time now.

Is that only me or someone feels the same?
#28 - Feb. 9, 2010, 1:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This has actually been an interesting thread to read so far since there are people from both sides of the fence represented here. Some obviously dislike vehicles and turrets, but others seem to like them quite a bit :-)

I am a little curious though, because all of you have been pretty good at explaining why you feel the way that you do, yet we haven’t seen many posts with your thoughts on what would make vehicles more interesting. I would therefore like to ask a question to those of you who aren’t fans of the vehicles and turrets: In your opinion, what would make vehicles and turrets more fun to play?