DivxDecoder.dll was not found? cant open WoW

#0 - Nov. 15, 2007, 11:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
after i DLed the patch I opened the WoW application. IT looked like it was loading but then a messege came up that said: "Unable to Locate Component, This application has failed to start because DivxDecoder.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Im not sure if this has to do with the patch or not, so should i just re-install WoW?
#1 - Nov. 15, 2007, 11:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Falcorestwin,

This generally indicates the desktop shortcut being used to launch the game was dragged from the World of Warcraft folder to the desktop. Please place the icon back in your World of Warcraft folder (default location is C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft) and create a new desktop icon by right clicking on either WoW.exe or Launcher.exe in the World of Warcraft folder, highlight the “Send To” option and select “Desktop (create shortcut). This will create a new desktop icon. Please then try launching the game using this new icon.
#7 - Nov. 16, 2007, 12:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Like the cache or WTF folders? besides those i also have the patch files from when i started playing until the patch BEFORE 2.3 and thats about it. there is alsoo a file that just says "wow" on it, is that what your talkin about?

There should be a WoW.exe and Launcher.exe file in your World of Warcraft folder. If either of those are missing, you may have moved them out of the folder to your desktop, try moving them back. If one of them is missing, try running the repair tool. The Repair.exe file should be located in your World of Warcraft directory (example C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Repair.exe).

If this file is not present you can download the latest version at: (http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/other/Repair.zip). Be sure to unzip the file into your World of Warcraft directory and run it from there.