Warcraft at the internet cafe?

#1 - April 3, 2013, 11:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey hey peoples:)

Internet cafes or online gaming cafes. Anyone ever tried them? I was in one last week and they had WoW, LoL, and some other stuff you can pay to play with friends. I was wondering if this is the way forward for a game that took over from the social aspect of LAN gaming (when tahts all we could do back in the day) and wondered if there was a way to add to this type of gaming experience. The coffee was awesome too! Loved it!

Anyone else been in or use these places? I hear they kinda rare in UK?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - April 3, 2013, 1:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/04/2013 12:29Posted by Prandard
internet is pretty cheap and moderately fast for most ppl in the UK so icafes are not so popular

Internet has indeed become cheap and widespread in many countries now, so internet cafés are becoming increasingly uncommon. In the late 90s and early 00s internet café were found in each town and city where I am from, but there are none left today.

They can be great fun though, if you can find one and have a few friends to go with :-)

the biggest problem i have with them is you would not know what software is installed on them by the owner or by a visiting "hacker" would be very easy to install a key logger...

This is indeed an issue. Not just on internet cafés, but on any publicly used computer. Such computers are often infected with viruses, trojans, keyloggers, spyware, and other types of malware, so one should be extremely careful when using them.