Queue for Rated Battlegrounds idea.

#1 - Sept. 5, 2013, 9:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi forum readers,

I'm mostly a pvp player and i have all kinds of characters for pvp.
My problem is when only playing pvp (only sometimes LFR) is that when you have full tyrn gear, there is not much we can do to have some fun in pvp.
Of course we can play arena or find a group for rated battlegounds or even play random BG's for fun.

Sure i think arena is fun and give most pvpers a good challenge when they go for a high rating. Good stuff there.

When you got all high end pvp gear where you worked hard for, you want to kill/heal people HARD in big battles because we have the gear to do so where we worked hard for. like battlegrounds.

Only is queueing for random battlegrounds when you have everything you can get from honor points. is just not that rewarding to do. yes you get some conquest and can have fun. and thats where is it all about. but players like to have rewards for what they are doing. and random battlegrounds are just not giving that reward to players that have end high gear.
And random BG's is swarmed with bot's. i'm not even start talking about this.

Then we have Rated Battleground. High end pvp environment like arena with big battles. GOOD !
But looking for groups for rated BG's can be a real pain and mostly takes a lot of time what not all players have.
Also you are always forced to go on a communication program like teamspeak what not everyone likes to do.
And even some specs like Ench shaman, WW monk or other less popular specs have a very hard time finding groups like this.

Solution:

Make a queue for Rated Battlegrounds just like what you did with the LFR.
you can say: wait? what the difference with Random battlegrounds?

Well, you can make it that a player needs minimum of item level full pvp malevolent gear and cannot have pve gear or something like that.

So when you hit 90, and want to pvp. you first have to farm all honor gear, witch is a REAL REAL PAIN to do. Because everything 2 shots you and you hit like a wet towel. (thats why so many people uses bot's for this part)

With creating a queuing Rated battleground system, you are not only make it less of a pain to lower geared people to farm their gear, because high geared players will queue up for rated BG. But also give casual players like me, a more and better late game experience because they will be rewarded when playing battlegrounds SOLO!.

Rewards:

Just like with LFR is the reward lower then in normal raids for people who still wants to make their own groups. and thats good! for "hardcore" gamers and needs to stay!.
But maybe for queuing rated battlegrounds something like, give ±250 conquest points for a win. (not 400 for the self created rated battleground groups) so it's a separate reward for both queue's just like LFR and normal raiding.

Players that just hit 90 with green gear won't feel that much pushed to start playing arena and hoping on some free wins. this is just not fun.
players are doing this because the honor farm is such a pain, and it's faster because they get the best gear right away.

So i'm hoping with the change that the Random battleground will be more low geared friendly. so players with low gear are playing against low geared players and thats more fun then getting your !@# kicked all day in BG's.

Sorry for my english, i hope you take this threat serious because i really think i would improve the game for pvp players.

Discuss! you think it would be good? or bad? and why?
Forum Avatar
Community
#8 - Sept. 5, 2013, 12:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/09/2013 10:55Posted by Kiekumgoann
you can say: wait? what the difference with Random battlegrounds?
Indeed and that is exactly the issue. Rated BG's have higher rewards than random BG's because of the organisation that is involved in getting the group together and coordinating them for success against another organised group.

Also you are always forced to go on a communication program like teamspeak what not everyone likes to do.
This is one of the parts involved in trying to run an organised group, not all information can be given through chat, especially quick commands for targets and CC. This is not to say it's required, but it's definitely recommended to improve your chances of victory.

So when you hit 90, and want to pvp. you first have to farm all honor gear, witch is a REAL REAL PAIN to do. Because everything 2 shots you and you hit like a wet towel.
The damage received by freshly dinged players is generally the same as those who are fully geared, depending on what you gem and enchant. This is because of the implementation of base resilience to all players. The main difference is the damage or healing you do, but that doesn't mean that you're unable to contribute.

And random BG's is swarmed with bot's. i'm not even start talking about this.
I'll just touch on it quickly and say that we are constantly dealing with the issue of bots and are doing everything we can to lower and remove the impact they have on your experience in World of Warcraft. Also; if bots are something that concerns you in random BG's, then creating a queuing system for rated BG's would also feed this across to the conquest grind as well.

We understand that there are benefits behind having a queue for rated BG's and that there are people that would like to see this implemented, but we also feel that there are more positives than negatives behind keeping it restricted to premade groups only. This is not to say that the discussion is closed, we greatly appreciate any feedback that you have on the subject.