Time to make Challenge mode more accessible?

#1 - March 12, 2013, 12:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It is hard to do them with random players, Pugged group.
And the "giving up rate" is kinda high. Especially for the first time players. When they see that we might not make to do Bronze. Then they rather to give it up then bite it and complete it fully.

I miss those ZA and ZG heroic difficulty. Challenge mode is maybe on par with them. But the accessible is not equal to ZA and ZG. So, maybe boost the valor points on them kinda high?
I know that when you get Bronze/Silver, you might get few valor points. But not many people are aware of this. Thus, making it kinda problem.

What about bring them to LFD where you can get valor points on full completion. (Even without Bronze completion, you will get loads Valor Points for that).

I like the high difficulty, but 5.2 doesnt offer me that. But Challenge Mode might give that. But accessible is rather low nowadays.
Forum Avatar
Community
#7 - March 13, 2013, 3:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/03/2013 12:32Posted by Sploin
What about bring them to LFD where you can get valor points on full completion. (Even without Bronze completion, you will get loads Valor Points for that).

The developers don't have currently any plans to bring Challenge Modes to the Dungeon Finder tool. Also, the difficulty was specifically designed without PuGs in mind. It's very rare you'll be able to meet the level of coordination required on a random group (since it's likely you've never played with anyone else before).

Also, even if you only complete the daily quest for that Challenge Dungeon of the day, it remains as one of the best methods to cap your Valor Points for the week, even if you get just bronze. So it might be a good idea to keep visiting them if you manage to get a stable group going, even if at first it looks like you aren't improving much.