What the deal with Body and Soul?

#1 - Feb. 24, 2011, 1:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know that its data-mined and hence can be misstake or changed shortly after, but was Body and Soul owerpowered so it deserved a nerf?

# Body and Soul now increases the target's movement speed by 12/25%, down from 30/60%.

Quite huge nerf to fun aspect of the talent. It surely have some uses in some PVE encounters. It makes much easier to do one of them, sure, but not like its impossible to do it without B&S. Is it PVP nerf or something? Holy priests are PVP beasts nowdays or something? :o

I really just try to understand the reasoning.

Edit: just a thought.... could it be that they increase duration of the buff or i just optimistic on this one? :D
Forum Avatar
Community
#2 - Feb. 25, 2011, 10:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This purported change is not actually correct. We're not changing Body and Soul in this way, the change that was found was simply a tooltip error.
Forum Avatar
Community
#9 - Feb. 25, 2011, 12:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
25/02/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Splaticurse
Granted the body and soul "nerf" was annoying at most, but far from the actual issues priests are facing, I would like to see blue posts on the other threads like the "spriest problems compilation" as they are both insightful and require some attention as the spriest community is currently on a mental breakdown following the constant nerfing.
This is a common misconception; not having a blue post in a thread is not an indication that the thread hasn't been read by us. Might be wise to try and keep expectations in check, because though we do gather feedback from across many forums, and sometimes post here and there, the forums are primarily here for people to discuss between each other.

This is even more so the case for the class forums, which exist for players to discuss their class with other players, post and read guides, share tips and generally help each other to become ever more proficient at their class.