Protection against bad luck. How does it work?

#1 - June 12, 2013, 2:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm mainly curious if there is any info out there about this actually works since I can't seem to come across any. I'm mainly curious about how much it is supposed to increase the chance by per failed roll and if this increased chance resets at server rest?

Mainly since my last 10 coins (not overall loot rolls, just coins) have resulted in exaclty 0 pieces off loot from the boss i use them on trying to get a tier helm. Last week I used 6 coins and still wound up without a drop.

Don't get me wrong I understand that the game is rng and it isn't a rant about that since with an rng system there are just going to be bad streaks from time to time.

I'm really just curious if anyone knows of the mechanics behind it since there hasn't been much transperancy about it from Blizzard' side. Mainly so i know how much i shoul get my hopes up about seeing a drop from said boss in the near future :P
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - June 27, 2013, 11:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Évendur,

Whenever you use a bonus roll and you don’t get any loot, your chance of getting loot on the next roll will increase. This increased probability won’t be reset until some loot is awarded, and this is independent of the boss that is being killed.
The bad luck streak protection will carry over and continue to increase the probability from boss to boss and instance to instance and won't reset until you get some loot. Basically, this feature treats all bonus rolls as if they were actually the same, no matter where they originate from.