LK available after extending with 0 attempts?

#0 - Feb. 9, 2010, 3:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Basic Q&A about this change:
Q: If you extend your raid lockout this week, will you still lose attempts on Normal after the hotfix?
A: No.

Q: If you run completely out of attempts on Heroic, will the wing bosses and Lich King no longer respawn, even if the difficulty is switched to Normal?
A: YES. So leave an attempt left if you wish to kill them on Normal. We'll try and correct this in a future update.

Based on the Q&A on the EU forums, I have an additional question. (that I can't post there)

Q: If you extend your raid lockout this week and you have already used up all of your attempts on Normal, will the Lich King spawn after the hot fix?

My guess, based on the second answer, is that he won't. We'd have had to have left at least one attempt. Perhaps my question can formally be answered if they repost the QA on the US forums.
#15 - Feb. 9, 2010, 9:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Based on the Q&A on the EU forums, I have an additional question. (that I can't post there)

Q: If you extend your raid lockout this week and you have already used up all of your attempts on Normal, will the Lich King spawn after the hot fix?

My guess, based on the second answer, is that he won't. We'd have had to have left at least one attempt. Perhaps my question can formally be answered if they repost the QA on the US forums.

He wouldn't be spawned. Start a fresh instance to avoid possible issues.