Brewfest: A repeat of Midsummer?

#0 - July 8, 2009, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So as we all know, Midsummer was poorly executed this year. The information we got beforehand was a simple copy and paste of last year. There was absolutely nothing different between this year's Midsummer and last year's except for new Northrend fires which Blizzard didn't even bother to add achievements for.

Brewfest is my favorite holiday. I would really like to know if Blizzard plans on updating the content for level 80 players at the very least. The countless Coren kills I had last year for my two mounts were a really fun experience. I'd hate to see him be solo'd now, just like Ahune. Not that I have anything against easy mounts.

It would be great if they added some new content as well, but I'd be happy just knowing that Coren is at least being updated for level 80 players. It would be quite disappointing knowing he is staying level 70.

I'd also really like to know why Midsummer was never updated. I realize the world event team is probably busy working on the new Children's Week, Darkmoon Faire, etc., but an explanation would be nice.
#14 - July 8, 2009, 7:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Coren Direbrew is indeed being updated to level 80, with appropriate rewards.

As for Midsummer, it was simply a matter of time concerning Ahune. He'll get his due next time. :)
#33 - July 8, 2009, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So can I take it that since the ram and kodo are not appropriate rewards now, they will be vendor bought.

What an interesting and incorrect assumption. Ground mounts are still appropriate rewards as drops at 80.
#39 - July 8, 2009, 8:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Can you confirm if the only way to acquire a mount that qualifies for "Have Keg Will Travel" is through a drop? If so, have the drop rates been increased?

Interesting fact: if you log into the PTR and take a gander at the text for "Have Keg, Will Travel," it reads:

"Obtain a Brewfest mount, or transform yours into one using Brewfest Hops."

;)
#71 - July 8, 2009, 9:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am going to assume since the rewards are being updated, that having any of the previous trinket drops from Coren Direbrew will give you Feats of Strength seeing as they are no longer obtainable?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Feats of Strength are generally awarded for exceptional items with a low drop rate (like the Zulian Tiger) as well as certain notable items that can no longer be obtained. The trinkets simply aren't notable enough to warrant a Feat of Strength.
#83 - July 8, 2009, 9:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I feel that more quests were rolled back then just the midsummer quests. Could you say what else was rolled back?

I do know that I don't know what the real technical problem was. I have no idea how complex it was or wasn't. I do know there was a very short amount of time for any fix to be implemented. it might have been the only possible solution to enable people to finish the achievement, and that was very important.

I am not mad or angry, just displeased. Please keep up the great work you do and mail me a Wolvar pet. Thanks!

All holiday quests that you did after early January were reset. This means that if you did all the Elders during Lunar Festival, for example, those quests would no longer count toward your total as well. I'd like to make plain that this holiday quest reset happens every year naturally, so those quests would have gone from your total in time anyway. The issue was that Midsummer quests were not reset in that natural reset, so it had to be done during Midsummer in order to allow those who had done the quests before to participate this year.

I understand this was not an ideal situation, particularly for those going for the Seeker title, but there was no other feasible way to allow for it at the time.

Let's not get too off-topic, however.