In the next PTR build we will be implementing several changes to how the Wintergrasp queue and group formations will work.
- While in the queue for Wintergrasp, you will have an icon on your mini map that will allow you to leave the queue. This will function much like the current battleground queue button that is present on the mini map.
- Players that queue for the Wintergrasp battle and are selected to join will be placed into raid groups upon entering the zone. These raid groups will function similarly to the battleground raid groups with a few exceptions. Players can leave it at any time, the leader can issue invites, etc. The only restriction is that if a player leaves Wintergrasp while the battle is active, they will be removed from the raid (to make room for the player that will take their place).
- If the battle is not active this does not happen.
For a bit more clarification on the auto-raid function of the Wintergrasp queue, here is a bit more information. These changes should all be implemented in the next PTR build so you'll be able to see them for yourself soon.
- Players can still form their own raid before Wintergrasp starts and they won’t be affected by the auto-raid mechanism. Players are not put in to a raid if they are currently in a party or raid when they join the battle.
- If players want to get put in to a raid automatically, they need to leave their current party/raid before joining the battle.
Please do continue to provide feedback on such changes as they're rolled out.