Any way to stop stalkers?

#1 - Dec. 2, 2015, 2:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have a problem with a guy who is kind of obsessed with me, so I quit my old account and made a whole new one, boosted this DK and started over. Anyway, he used an add-on to track my achievements and then used MVP priveleges to cross check all the accounts I'd used to post on the forum and found this character (I used the name on an old character, but never knew he could check all my chars using the forums). Anyway, he whispered me last night saying he knew it was me, and I thought a blue must've given him my info (he actually tried to get my rl contact info from a blue too). Anyway, I replied, because I thought he found me and I was so angry that the blues had told him who I was, but it turns out he used these add-ons, and I've wasted so much money and hours of effort trying to get rid of him. Now he has found me again and knows my char. He says he won't bother me anymore, but I still don't want him knowing how to find me or know who I am, so how can I stop him? Is quitting this game really the only way to hide from him?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - Dec. 2, 2015, 5:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As Shammoz mentioned, MVPs do not have access to any of your personal details, nor do they have any way of checking the status of an account. Likewise, let me assure you that a Blizzard employee will not reveal these details to an MVP, or another player, to protect your privacy and also comply with the many data protection laws to that end.

Please add the player to your ignore list as Cazzéh advised. If the player still tries to contact you in-game, then this isn't something that can be resolved via the forums. You would need to open a ticket, featuring the information that Cazzéh described, so that our Game Master team can asses the situation further.

If you ever have concerns or feedback regarding an MVP you are welcome to e-mail CMTeamEU-WoW@blizzard.com