Appearances can be deceiving...

#1 - July 20, 2016, 11:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So it seems not all the items you have equipped in the past are showing in the appearances tab. My warrior raided through out wrath, yet not all the sets I collected or weapons I had are showing on him. Also some of the old PvP sets from that era are missing.

Is this intentional or a bug?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - July 20, 2016, 11:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You'll only have those appearances unlocked if your Warrior still has those items in their inventory, bank or void storage. If you've long since vendored those items, then their appearances won't have been unlocked.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - July 20, 2016, 11:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
20/07/2016 12:43Posted by Deafo
20/07/2016 12:40Posted by Aerythlea
You'll only have those appearances unlocked if your Warrior still has those items in their inventory, bank or void storage. If you've long since vendored those items, then their appearances won't have been unlocked.

What was the point in mentioning old quest rewards then? I can't imagine many held onto those? So we can't use them? not good.

Quest rewards should be unlocked as we can track what quests you have completed.

While historically we can see which bosses you've killed and how many times you've killed them, the period of time for which we can check which items dropped, and who got what, is not something we track indefinitely. The same goes for items purchased from vendors.

20/07/2016 12:46Posted by Scrims
He got whirlwind axe back though

Yep, because that weapon is a quest reward.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - July 20, 2016, 12:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
20/07/2016 12:54Posted by Valrei
I heard that rewards from removed quests would be added as well. However when I logged my other hunter who's here from vanilla times, it doesn't seem to be the case. Is it the way it should be or they will be added in the near future?

We are aware that some appearances haven't been added, this is something we're working on. If you can remember any specific items you're missing then the best thing to do would be to submit a Bug Report detailing the missing items.

(Note: you won't get a reply to bug reports but it will help us hone in on the items.)