Legion Beta Build Deploy - 7/5/2016

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - July 6, 2016, 2:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Update: 10:30pm
We've run into some problems getting this build deployed. I don't have a new ETA, but our server engineers are working behind the scenes to fix the problem. It's possible this could get delayed until tomorrow, we won't know until later.

Hi Friends,

Beta realms are being brought down for another new build. ETA is 1-3 hours, if it ends up going long I'll provide updates.

As usual I'll leave this thread open for discussion so long as conversations remain civil and adhere to forum guidelines.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#12 - July 6, 2016, 2:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 07:18 PMPosted by Sativ
WHY.

http://i.imgur.com/YG4PSlJ.gif
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#63 - July 6, 2016, 3:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Kreelash
What's the new Build Number? I did check for updates an am at Build 7.0.3.22133

That's the new number. Realms are still being pushed, but we pushed it out to the battle.net app early.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#73 - July 6, 2016, 3:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 08:39 PMPosted by Tempeststar
Zorbrix is it possible that the Valewalker's Burden doodad bug got fixed?

Tester Comment: The Doodad_7SR_hubamantree003 and Doodad_7SR_hubmanatree004 are no longer roadblocking some players trying to complete "The Valewalker's Burden." Only the stand for the seed was present when the player arrived back in Shal'aran with the arcan'dor seed, and the holder could be interacted with to advance the quest. The quest could then be turned in. Players are no longer roadblocked on this quest.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#87 - July 6, 2016, 4:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 08:57 PMPosted by Zaetaria
Edit:If MMO champion is correct, then you have doomed yourself, turnip. The Virmen hitsquad is on the way. That's what you get for giving my precious frost mages a 15% nerf.

Those chumps are only good at eating carrots. I'm not concerned.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#120 - July 6, 2016, 4:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We're still working on the realm deploy, no new ETA.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#158 - July 6, 2016, 5:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 09:42 PMPosted by Fourelements
lol nothing wrong with hunter's hmm then why can't i get the second artifact weapon quest the npc isn't offering it at all. so that does make somethings wrong with hunter's.

Unfortunately we don't have a good fix for this. Long story, through no fault of your own, you made and leveled your hunter in a bad build (in between implementation and bug fixes for artifact specs).

We don't have a good retroactive fix for this, it would be too risky and could break every hunter.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#170 - July 6, 2016, 5:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 10:10 PMPosted by Hieroglyphix
@ Zorbix... What about The Pendant of Starlight? Broken for weeks now. Thanks.

"Abyssal Queen Sha'rathra will correctly spawn at the listed location after players approach that location. The quest item Pendant of Starlight is correctly dropped and the quest can be finished correctly."

Give it a shot once realms come up and let us know!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#173 - July 6, 2016, 5:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 10:15 PMPosted by Mortikae
Is this the same for warlock artifact weapons? Managed to get my second artifact but Calydus won't offer me the third.

Yes it's likely multiple specs fall into this odd behavior, depending on the days/builds they hit certain point.

Imagine this scenario:

You make a warlock.
Two builds go by.
You unlock your 1st spec.
A build goes by.
You unlock your 2nd spec.
2 builds go by, and we change some of the quests required to get credit for your 3rd spec, or fix a bug that prevented people from getting 3rd spec, but the fix was giving people the right credit.
You hit the point where 3rd spec would be offered, but now you're missing the right criteria. Or the game thinks you already have it.

Whenever we run into this problem on live we have to fix it - there's no way we can have permanently broken characters. But in beta, when there's hundreds of possibilities for a single class (and no dedicated CS team to hand fix broken characters), it's unlikely that we can fix.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#175 - July 6, 2016, 5:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 10:16 PMPosted by Cenador
So would it be recommended to delete an artifact and pick up the quest line again? Because. I have done so with Talonclaw multiple times, six I believe in total, and still cannot complete the quest. The NPC is present for the turn in, but doesn't have the "?" for it after completing the scenario. This has prevented about a month's work of world quests in the area where the scenario takes place. Early on, I deleted the artifact and redid the scenario after the world quests. After I started using it, I just suffered the consequences.

You can't delete artifacts. You'd have to re-make your hunter.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#184 - July 6, 2016, 5:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 10:21 PMPosted by Nylixx
Any fix for the Cloth questline Leyflame Larceny? Or female undead belly buttons :P

"Tester Comment: When accepting "Where's Lyndras: Leyflame Larceny" the player will be placed in the correct phase and they will be able to turn in the quest with the guard."
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#186 - July 6, 2016, 5:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 10:21 PMPosted by Honeyclaws
Was the Arcway / Court of Stars attunement quest addressed in the build? apparently ive heard that it was bugged recently

Not seeing any bugs jump out at me immediately in our database but I might have missed them. Let me know if it's still broken after this build goes out.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#188 - July 6, 2016, 5:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2016 10:24 PMPosted by Xaria
What about the characters who ran the character trials and went on to try and complete their first artifact quest and can't get past Deadwind Pass? I tried all the work arounds then switched to my mage I copied over got her to 102 and tried to do her frost weapon, again can't complete due to the Deadwind pass bug. Has that been addressed and I should delete and redo those 4 characters to by-pass the previous bug-build?

"Tester Comment: There is no longer a roadblock with the Mage quest "The Deadwind Site".
- There were no problems interacting with or looting any of the quest items.
- The quest could be completed normally and turned in."

Give it a try and let us know.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#195 - July 6, 2016, 5:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We've run into some problems getting this build deployed. I don't have a new ETA, but our server engineers are working behind the scenes to fix the problem. It's possible this could get delayed until tomorrow, we won't know until later.