Artifact Relic Attunements Bugged or Intended

#1 - June 15, 2016, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am not sure if this is a bug or intended. Some Artifact relics are only attuned to one artifact weapon. Some are attuned to multiple of your artifact weapons. Is this the way it's supposed to work? The corresponding +1 Rank can sometimes be weird as a result.

At first glance at that question, you'd probably think "Of course it's intended, or else why bother listing attunements on the Relics in the first place?" The thing is it's not as simple as that. Here's why:

When a specific Relic is attuned for the weapon of the spec you are in, the Relic will have a +1 Rank bonus for a trait that you have in your Artifact Talent Tree. If you socket that Relic, you gain one rank of that particular talent. However, if a Relic is not attuned for a specific weapon, you can still socket it into that Artifact to gain the item levels, but there will be no bonus +1 Rank to any trait. However, the Relic still says "+1 Rank: Minor Trait" on it. That seems to imply that you can just choose a Trait to gain a rank (which would obviously be silly - why would you get a choice of the trait for the non-attuned Relic - that's bass ackwards). I tried that but it was not doable.

It just seems like something is off somewhere in there, but not sure exactly what the mistake is since I'm not the one who designed the system (obviously) so I can't know their intent.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#5 - June 15, 2016, 5:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for the report - the Windwalker weapon was missing a hookup. This will be fixed in a future build.