Simple question for devs about World Quests

#1 - April 24, 2016, 4:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm sure a lot of people are curious about this. Are the blue rare world quests intended to be able to be soloable ? I noticed some have a skull icon which I'm assuming indicates a group is needed and purple epic world quests require a full group of not a raid? So here are the questions:

Are blue rare non-skull world quests intended to be soloable?

Are rare blue skull quests intended for a full group or just 2-4 people?

How many people are purple quests intended for?

Answering these questions would help us give feedback on quest difficulty. Thanks! :)

Edit: I'm sure the other important bit of info you could include in your answers would be intended gear levels now that item level is a giant number on our stat sheets this would probably be a sufficient thing to compare to quest difficulty.

Example:

Blue non-skull quests are intended to be soloable for players in full 820-825 ilvl gear from Heroic Dungeons.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#3 - April 24, 2016, 4:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While this will change over the course of the expansion pack as you gain power, the tuning values for a fresh max-level character we're currently shooting for are:

Normal World Quests: 1+ player(s)
Rare World Quests (blue, no dragon): 2-3+ player(s)
Rare Elite World Quests (blue, dragon): 3-5+ player(s)
Epic Elite World Quests (purple, dragon): 5-10+ player(s)

Some content will be easier or harder within each difficulty band, this is intended. We would like the outdoor endgame to have challenge peaks and valleys.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#7 - April 25, 2016, 4:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Skull Rare Elite WQs are Dungeon World Quests, requiring a dungeon group.

Sounds like this iconography isn't particularly self-explanatory though, will pass that along to the UI guys.