3s Skirmish gone for good? or just in the currnet built?

Forum Avatar
#1 - April 17, 2016, 2:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I like to use 3s skirmishes to show my lower rated friends how to play certain comps without the need to be maxed geared or similar CR. Anyone know if they have made plans to keep 3s skirmish in the game Or if the current UI is just incomplete and only showing 1 set of skirmishes for the alpha.

I don't think it would be a smart plan to remove it all together just because new players use it as a way to ease themselves into 3s where they might have been only a 2v2 player their before it at least allows an uncomfortable player to slowly get used to the 3v3.

Id even go a step farther and say to make it force Healer double Dps role to help new players get even more used to a real arena. This will for sure make it take longer but i would hope the type of people that are going to Que it Wont mind a longer wait for a more authentic rated 3v3 experience and maybe they would meet team mates in skirmishes that would like to try real Arena after a quick 10 Skirmishes. This would be a great way to meet new team mates without all the pressure of losing rating to test players out.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#2 - April 18, 2016, 7:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've made a change to Skirmish in Legion. Rather than having two separate buttons (2v2 and 3v3), there is only one button and it will put you in either 2v2 or 3v3 depending on a number of factors. Our experience with the separate buttons in Warlords was that you would often end up in 2s match where only one team had a healer or a 3s match with triple DPS. Neither of these situations felt very fun and the reality is there are far less healers playing than damage. We want Skirmishes queues to pop fast but allow for pretty fair fights.

In Legion, healers specs are always placed in 3v3 matches while damage specs are placed in either 2v2 or 3v3 depending on what is available. This means 2v2 skirmishes will never have healers in them and 3v3 matches will always have healers on each team.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#8 - April 18, 2016, 9:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/18/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Grommog
So much for couples that liked to play 2's

Ranked 2s is still available.