Golden beam coming from clickable objects

#1 - April 12, 2016, 2:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't know if anyone posted anything yet about it. But one of my biggest annoyances on alpha right now leveling is that if you have an interactable object (like a doodad for a quest on the ground) a giant golden beam comes from the ground. That is fine, whatever. But the major problem is that the beam makes it LITERALLY impossible to target an enemy thats in front of the beam because the beam BEHIND the target takes precedence over the enemy. So the only way to target it is through tabbing (a lot if you have a big pull), or de-targeting so that it hits you and makes you target it... This has caused me to die because i couldnt target worth crap.

Also on a side note.. These beams make the quest TOO easy.. There was a time where the only way you knew if something was able to be picked up was by mousing over it... it gave a "small" challenge then and at least when you found the item you were looking for you may or may not have had a small victory moment. Like Ah HAH! I found it! .. But this whole thing is getting synonymous to how the game is developing, there are too many streamlined things. There is no more challenge and the quests seem too easy or spoon fed too much. It isn't even enjoyable because its like playing a game on easy mode. The enjoyable part I like about these quests tbh is the lore because I am a lore freak and I love the legion lore.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#9 - April 14, 2016, 12:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This sound like a graphical glitch - we'll look into it. You should just be seeing the old "quest sparkle" if outline is disabled.