Bugged? Phantom Assassin (PvP Talent Feedback)

#1 - April 7, 2016, 7:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Reposting this here as It's a PvP concern.

A probelm with Phantom Assassin (PvP talent)

I've been testing as I noticed the energy regeneration seems even weaker; The passive ability " Master of Shadows " didn't seem do what it's reading to do; "Immediately gain 60 energy when you enter stealth"

When below 60 energy, It's simply raising my energy to 60. So If I were to be at > 20 < 30 energy and climbing, and I dance for example (and enter "stealth") It would read "Gains 60 energy" but what happens is my energy fills up to the threshold of 60, so I'm really gaining something like 30+ energy, rather than 60.

This is really detrimental to the already energy starved design. What I realized, however, is that this only occurs in PvP combat, meaning that the energy regeneration of Master of Shadows is working properly, It's Phantom Assassin that isn't what it sounds like.

"Automatically gain Symbols of Death" doesn't sound like "Symbols of Death will apply off global for it's full cost."

Every time a rogue talented into Phantom Assassin uses dance we're gaining 25 energy, not 60, because of the change to symbols of death. leaving us energy deprived, rather than global deprived. Phantom Assassin should be applying a free version of Symbols, not just saving us a global after you increased the cost of Symbols of Death by 15 energy, -35 energy just for dancing is insane.

If I dance at 70 energy, I stay at 70 energy because 35 of my +60 gets spent just for entering stealth. So Pooling energy isn't rewarded, and if I dance at 20 energy I only go up to 60~ because 35 gets immediately deducted.

this is literally subtlety's ONLY form of energy regeneration, I think it's worth looking into or discussing an alternative if we can't have the details of this pvp talent changed. (Otherwise it's kind of a forced choice for Thief's bargain or Shadowy Duel.)
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#4 - April 8, 2016, 6:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Agreed. Not intended for Symbols of Death to cost Energy when applied through Phantom Assassin. Fixed in an upcoming build.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#8 - April 22, 2016, 3:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/21/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Varick
04/08/2016 11:38 AMPosted by Phalanx
Agreed. Not intended for Symbols of Death to cost Energy when applied through Phantom Assassin. Fixed in an upcoming build.

It's still not fixed.

With Shadow Dance, or stealth in general? Seems like I forgot to fix it on the stealth side. But should be fine with Shadow Dance.