On disappearing topics...

#1 - March 29, 2016, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A lighter hand is needed. I have often thought that making a post here on the "official forums" was a mixed bag at best, but you folks are really pushing the limits of it. Just at this moment though, I'm not even talking about my own posts.

Several threads I was actively reading disappeared while I was transitioning between pages of late. You might think you can control the conversation, and perhaps to some extent you are controlling it, but I also think you are looking bad to the many that saw a given thread and had already started to read through it.

I was just reading something that had seven pages of replies that I can now never read. I think that's really disrespectful to players that bothered themselves to make a reply. Replies aren't made by people that don't care about this game, my conception of a forum participant is that they are actually a variety of super enthusiast for WoW.

You can't stop the signal.

We are all thinking these things. These things are making the rounds in trade channels anyway. Stop trying to manipulate us. If anything, why not participate in the conversation in a meaningful way?

Deleting topics just makes Blizzard look bad and confirms to many of us that these "official forums" are an utter waste of time.

Am I "on message" now?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - March 29, 2016, 7:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The only things that have been removed or closed in General recently are the tons of duplicate threads regarding the Tracer conversation.

There's a lengthy thread on this topic, and if you would like to provide feedback or opinions on that topic and topics surrounding it, you are free to do so in the main thread.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742845650

Furthermore, making threads about deleted or removed threads is frowned upon, per the Forum Guidelines:

• Do not post about locked or deleted threads.

Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.