Please stop pulling if your not the Tank

#1 - March 27, 2016, 2:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I thought the tank was supposed to pull. Why? because if a dps does it they usually die. Their is usually one tank. I don't get why DPS or even a healer jumps out in front of me and taunts them knowing well I have taunt them off of it. So why do people pull ahead of the tank
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#220 - March 28, 2016, 3:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/27/2016 07:45 AMPosted by Redsteell
I thought the tank was supposed to pull. Why? because if a dps does it they usually die. Their is usually one tank. I don't get why DPS or even a healer jumps out in front of me and taunts them knowing well I have taunt them off of it. So why do people pull ahead of the tank

As a healer, I can attest to never purposefully pulling. I do admit the rare "oh.. oops.. did I aggro that?" /hangs head in shame.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#224 - March 28, 2016, 3:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/28/2016 08:37 AMPosted by Pospospos
As a healer, I just dot everything in the room then press fade to make them run to the tank.

It's not like the tank is going to die, so suck it up like a man.

Do you tell them to "walk it off" when they get damaged too? ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#234 - March 28, 2016, 4:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/28/2016 09:08 AMPosted by Stoup
When I tank on some alts I gauge the group. If they are super geared/experienced, I pull a lot and quickly, if not I slow it down. It makes no sense to pressure less geared/experienced groups or stall overly geared groups because "I'm the tank". There's 4 other people there, so in my opinion you should pull what's best for the group and not just yourself.

I like you.

I also like being given a chance to loot and get mana between pools (as needed). I know the mail will catch things I miss, but I'm a bit old fashioned like that. ;)