Tanks in PVP

#1 - March 11, 2016, 5:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Obviously its early alpha things aren't set in stone but I think tanks should be talked about if they are going to be a considerable force in PVP.

I'm not against making tanks viable in PVP it alienates a portion of the player base to not allow it. However for tanks to function they need a direct purpose or job. Right now they are the master of everything, they take no damage they deal more damage then anyone and they heal more then anyone. Totally understand that its Alpha and these numbers are subject to change.

However what I'd like to see is a mechanical difference for tanks, for me a tank should deal 20% less damage then a DPS class. They should also take 20% less damage. Then on top of this they should have mechanics based around their "taunt" abilities so if they taunt a target that target deals 20% less damage to anyone but the Tank and also takes 20% more damage. This way tanks provide a utility to their team you could make comps that are all about buffing your one dps'r and your healer and tank support him with damage buffs like this.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#5 - March 11, 2016, 11:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're aware of the tank issue and we have some hotfixes in test to reduce their self-healing and mitigation in PvP only. The class team is also looking at them from a dungeon and raiding standpoint as well. We appreciate you guys playing and bringing the issue to the forefront.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#9 - March 12, 2016, 1:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It is being changed.