No Clue Where to Start in PvE

#1 - March 11, 2016, 4:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey,

I've played PvP this entire expansion , and I'm getting really tired of it. I'd like to go back to PvE, but I have no clue where to start. Most of my characters have 700+ ilvls just from their PvP gear. Where do I start? LFR content only has gear in the ilvls on 680. I checked the premade groups a few times and the only ones advertising Normal HFC require 715+ ilvl, and even Normal HFC's ilvls are 705.

So what's the deal, am I forced to do Heroic HFC just to get out of this crappy PvP gear? It feels like I'm missing out on a lot when there's no gear dropping from the mobs that I can actually use, aside from replacing my PvP trinket.

Why did they make Season 2 and Season 3 gear have such high ilvls? Season 3 gear literally replaces HFC N gear by the looks of it.

How do I get into Pve?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - March 11, 2016, 4:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/11/2016 08:29 AMPosted by Morrne
Normal requiring 715+? That's the exception, not the rule. Pug normal HFC for tier gear. It's pretty critical to being effective. You also want to get the legendary ring. Start wherever you left off on it. Once you're ready to get tomes, it might be better to get them via normal HFC pugging.

Do some Kazzak. Get some crafted gear. Some of it may only be on par with your PvP gear, but it can be upgraded with Valor, which should make it better once upgraded.

All that. And don't forget that Group Finder is a snapshot of groups that are forming at this instant. You want to look at it over and over to get a feeling for what people are really looking for, since the easy groups to get into fill up so fast.