Extended Maintenance

#1 - Feb. 23, 2016, 5:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Sending thoughts into the nether...

Just got back from a five year absence from the game. This is maybe my second tuesday back. Extended maintenance, five hours longer than estimated time frame.

I must say I am surprised that this is still an ongoing issue. With all the improvements and modifications made to the game, why has there been no improvement in this regard?

A. Why is maintenance not done in the middle of the night ( 3 am PST seems like a better time than 7 am).
B. How does "scheduled maintenance" go five hours longer than anticipated?
C. For that matter, why does scheduled maintenance still take three hours?
D. What does scheduled maintenance actually consist of?
E. I am sure it has been brought up before, but why is there no compensation for down time? Three hours four times a subscription period is just whats scheduled. I would guess a total of one Day a period or every two periods is about what the game is down for. Seems like an easy customer service move that wouldn't cost Blizzard much and would make users feel better about it.

I guess I am surprised that this part of the infrastructure of the game still seems to be behind.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Feb. 23, 2016, 5:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's a thread on this maintenance already. Let's keep talk of this there and refrain from creating multiple posts on this topic: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742495163