[Feedback] Resto Shaman

#1 - Jan. 28, 2016, 2:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been playing a shaman off and on since the first day of vanilla release. I'm going to make this concise. The majority of the shaman changes are good. The artifact questline is enjoyable. Theres enouigh versatility with the new talent tree to go with either Chain Heal or Riptide specs depending on what you want to do, which is great.

The Shaman artifact spell is poorly conceived. It only caters to dungeon and raid crawl. It doesnt benefit small partying, battlegrounds, or arena. It's far too niche for an artifact spell.

I'd suggest changing it to consume all active Riptides for the initial heal amount on party/raid members within X yards. Also a small knockback mechanic once Riptides consumed would be great added uttility. It would give the artifact far more utility and add it to a more meaningful rotation across all interests in the game. Alternatively, You could add healing rain cast time reduction to Tidal Waves, but I think centering Shaman healing around healing rain pigeon-holds the class.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#42 - Feb. 18, 2016, 2:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Two simultaneous Healing Stream Totems not working is a bug.

As is Resurgence not working correctly when you take the Queen Ascendant trait; this one should be fixed for the next build.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#46 - Feb. 20, 2016, 3:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's intended that healing from other totems doesn't add to Cloudburst Totem (as on live), and the tuning should reflect that. We'll add a short shared cooldown so you don't instantly recall the totem by accident.