Who own's Lordaeron?

#0 - Feb. 11, 2010, 10:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I notice that a hot debate right now is who has the claim to Lordaeron. The strongest argument I've seen is the number of Forsaken Lordaeron Citizens versus the number of Still Living Lordaeron citizens. There are those that claim the number of living out numbers the number of Forsaken and vice versa. So I set out to determine if the Forsaken Lordaeron Citizens make up the majority of the total Lordaeron population (the total Lordaeron population refering to Forsaken and Still Living numbers combined). I collected my samples from in-game NPCs using any Still Living Lordaeron Citizens I could find in SW and all the NPCs in Southshore (I assumed everyone in Southshore was a Still Living Lordaeron Citizens) as well as the alive Barov. For Forsaken I only counted the NPCs in Tirisfal Glades (Death Knell, Brill, ect.) and Undercity. I understand that NPCs in game to not make up the entire population, it is a sample which is what this particular formula is designed to work with.

Findings: The sample evidence supports the claim that the Forsaken Lordaeron Citizens make up the majority of the total Lordaeron population.

Below is the work I did to come to this conclusion for those of you with knowledge of statistics. It is a standard 1 proportion Z test with a 0.01 significance level.

Null Hypothesis: P=0.5 Alt Hypothesis: P>0.5
N=309
X=257
P{hat}=0.8317
P=0.5
Q=0.5
α=0.01
Z=(P{hat}-P)/(Square Root of : (P*Q/N))=(0.8317-0.5)/(Square Root of: (0.5*0.5/309)=11.66
P Value=1.025e^-31 or less than 0.0001
Conclusion: Reject the Null Hypothesis

It's Scientifical!
#25 - Feb. 11, 2010, 11:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Who own's Lordaeron?

Those who have the willingness and fortitude to weather the storm, bury their friends and sacrifice all that they have in the name of something as ephemeral as an idea.