Discipline bug thread

#1 - Jan. 13, 2016, 11:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So far noticing that Purge the Wicked and Shadow Covenant replace Shadow Word: Pain, and Power Word: Radiance, respectively, without stating otherwise.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#12 - Jan. 15, 2016, 1:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/13/2016 06:06 PMPosted by Melchey

To add on to what Isheria said, if you aren't in combat it also won't proc the damage portion from Shadowmend.

This is intended.

01/13/2016 06:06 PMPosted by Melchey
Also, not sure if really a bug, but you can Shining Force yourself and assuming there are no mobs near by, actually knock yourself back like a Disengage. Kinda hope it stays that way, it's really fun.

This is a bug and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#25 - Jan. 19, 2016, 11:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A few more bugfixes that should be in for next build:
--Purge the Wicked spreading to targets that aren't in combat
--Focused Will not proccing on absorbs
--Dispel Magic and Mass Dispel occasionally becoming uncastable
--Resurrection not working at all (all healer specs)
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#27 - Jan. 20, 2016, 2:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Light's Wrath is intended to Atone, but will likely be tweaked to remain balanced on a large number of targets.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#31 - Jan. 20, 2016, 7:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/19/2016 11:30 PMPosted by Totallite
The trait Share in the Light (gives you 15% of PW:S when you PW:S an ally) is proccing the Shield Discpline talent (refund 1% mana when PW:S is consumed).

I'm assuming this is a bug because it's ridiculously easy for the self-shield to get consumed.

Thanks, this should be fixed next build.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#34 - Jan. 21, 2016, 11:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Both of those should be fixed with the changes to Share in the Light next build; let us know if it continues to proc things that proc from PWS.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#37 - Jan. 23, 2016, 2:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/22/2016 05:47 PMPosted by Zolvolt
Is it intended to have multiple Power Word: shields on a player at the same time? i.e. I have PW:S from myself on me. and I have PW:s from a different disc priest on me.

That's intended.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#68 - Feb. 26, 2016, 8:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/20/2016 08:19 AMPosted by Zolvolt
Power Word: Radiance is favoring me when I use it on the Weak Lightspawn Training Dummies in the priest class hall.

Even if I directly position myself so that both lightspawn are closer to my target lightspawn than I am, I will still be one of the "closest targets" for PW:Radiance over them. It always heals two of the dummies and me, when my position should cause it to heal all 3 dummies. I've tried this with casting PW:R on all 3 training dummies and it ALWAYS heals me as one of the targets.

There is definitely something weird going on with the "closest targets" thing.

We changed PW:R to favor players over pets/guardians, so you'll see this if you try to test out its targeting with yourself and a bunch of dummies or NPCs. It should work as described if you test on players. Please let us know if you keep seeing a bug where it hits too many targets or are able to reproduce it.