Having a LFR style que to Normal raids?

#1 - Sept. 17, 2015, 2:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I sure would like to raid normal raids, but the ease of LFR style queue makes things more ... lets just say more "enjoyable".

Do you think blizz should put a lfr-like queue to normal mode raids which has been split the way lfr has been? You could get in easily and clear part of the raid for example each day. If you join a PUG they will want to clear as much as possible. It is easier to fit a 30-1h raid and do small part of the raid each day than do entire or almost entire raid in one go that could take several hours.

If blizz wants to keep tourist mode LFR in game, it could still be there, but I would like some more challenge. Normal mode should be the "basic" raid that is rather easy and doable with worse group than a coordinated guild group. I would like easier access to it than having to be in guild or reserve large amounts of time to go with premade groups.

Heroic and Mythic are for the people that want more and should not be queueable in similar way.

TLDR:

Keep LFR as tourist mode (very easy, worse loot).
Allow LFN (Looking For Normal) to a normal mode raid which is separated in small parts like LFR.
Keep heroic and mythic for challenge.

What do you think?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Sept. 17, 2015, 4:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Very unlikely, the extra convenience of having an automated queuing system for normal mode would be immediately defeated by the lack of coordination that these groups are usually accustomed to.
LFR's difficulty level is tuned exactly to match the level of coordination that one can expect (on average) from a group formed by an automated system.

17/09/2015 15:53Posted by Chanyi
Let people queue for Normal if they want to - but don't change mechanics to accommodate random queueing. Leave Nm as it is, difficulty-wise.

Given that extra option, I believe very few would be satisfied with queueing for LFR only.
What you said actually sounds reasonable at first, but once such an option becomes available, it creates false expectations. If such content isn't properly tuned for random grouping, it will only lead to nerf requests. We see that happening all the time even in LFR as I'm sure you're all aware, especially when new raids launch and they're slightly over-tuned.

There's also this issue with automated systems and their detrimental effects on the social potential of a game, which is an essential factor for any mmorpg, so we want to be very careful whenever we expand or change such systems.