Joining the Armed Forces

#1 - Aug. 12, 2015, 7:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello, well today I wanted to ask those who have been or are in the Armed Forces. I have streaks of playing WoW and at the moment I love playing. I leave soon for the Army and I will be active duty... So the question is, while I'm in the military will I be able to play WoW on my free time, I'm sure there are plenty of variables to this question but I was just curious as an overall perspective from someon who has or is serving and is a fellow WoW player. Thank you :)

-Ronock
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#43 - Aug. 12, 2015, 3:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've known others who have played while in service (during free time of course). You wouldn't be the first.

Best of luck to you and thanks to all those who serve and have served. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#83 - Aug. 12, 2015, 4:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/12/2015 09:21 AMPosted by Jaceson
08/12/2015 08:26 AMPosted by Nethaera
I've known others who have played while in service (during free time of course). You wouldn't be the first.

Best of luck to you and thanks to all those who serve and have served. :)

Actually I would like to thank you and everyone else at Blizzard. This game has been an awesome escape from reality when coming home from Iraq and I know a lot of other guys who played and used this game as a sort of, coping method when coming home from a deployment.

Most guys turn to alcohol when returning home which usually leads to other problems, but I'm thankful I played this game several years ago.

Thanks! I lost a gamer friend to PTSD last year and hearing the good stories helps.

*I'd just like to ask that everyone not take discussion down a dark path or get into political issues here. Keep it clean and I won't have to close it. Thanks.