blizzard misusing quotes from uther

#1 - Aug. 10, 2015, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys so this post is in reference to the most recent blog post on the homepage.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19852515/great-weapons-of-warcraft-a-poll-8-10-2015

i just wanted to point out they are misusing the quote from Uther. it is actually a quote from shortly before arthas is ordained as a paladin, uther is talking to him about the holy light to help calm his nerves.

Full Quote

"Lad, no one feels ready. No one feels that he deserves it. And you know why? Because no one does. It is grace, pure and simple. We are inherently unworthy, simply because we are human, and all human beings--aye, and elves, and dwarves, and all the other races--are flawed.
But the Light loves us anyway. It loves us for what we sometimes can rise to in rare moments. It loves us for what we can do to help others. And it loves us because we can help it share its message by striving daily to be worthy, even though we understand that we cannot ever truly become so.
So stand there today, as I did, feeling that you cannot possibly deserve it or ever be worthy, and know that you are in the same place every single paladin has ever stood."

Source:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Uther_the_Lightbringer

all i have to say is this,

shame on you blizzard, for misusing wisdom from the great Uther The Lightbringer.

The point of this post is simply to make everyone aware, that blizzard itself seems not to care about misusing and defacing their own lore.

/rant over
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - Aug. 10, 2015, 6:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Oh I totally took that quote out of context.

And I'd do it again!

But maybe not three times. I think I'd only do it twice.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#42 - Aug. 10, 2015, 8:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/10/2015 01:18 PMPosted by Phlynch
On another note, deeply disappointed there where no fist weapons on that poll.

Yeah. I didn't want there to be a hundred options, and my personal take on polls is -- as long as your top 25 options include all of the top 10 (or as long as your top 10 options include all of the top four), you're fine.

This stuff is for fun and discussion.

I voted for Dragon's Call.