About the flying quote on mmo-champ

#1 - Aug. 10, 2015, 9:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
  • The team is happy with how flying worked out in Draenor

Sorry but what flying? We still don't have it and for all intents and purposes this expansion is over.

Judging by this quote, it would seem we are basically not going to be getting flying until long after the final patch in Legion.

Intentional or not, the wording from Blizzard on this issue is deceptive. They would be better off just out and saying "We feel the expansion is experienced better with no flying, but we will add it a while after the final patch".
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#52 - Aug. 10, 2015, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/10/2015 02:45 AMPosted by Tato
  • The team is happy with how flying worked out in Draenor

Sorry but what flying? We still don't have it and for all intents and purposes this expansion is over.

Judging by this quote, it would seem we are basically not going to be getting flying until long after the final patch in Legion.

Intentional or not, the wording from Blizzard on this issue is deceptive. They would be better off just out and saying "We feel the expansion is experienced better with no flying, but we will add it a while after the final patch".

The quote is in reference to how you are able to earn flying for Draenor via an Achievement. If you read some of the interviews out there (and we'll try to make sure we gather them up for people), it's mentioned that you should be able to start working on the Achievement as of the start of the expansion. Again, it's very early and we only just announced the expansion, so we'll have a lot more information to share on this and many other things announced during gamescom.

Flying for Draenor is coming and anyone who is able to help test it on the PTR is very appreciated. We want to make sure we have people in the air versus falling through the world.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#66 - Aug. 10, 2015, 4:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/10/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Pharsalus

Thanks for posting. Whether I agree with your sentiments or not, I understand you're trying to put a positive spin on a situation you did not create.

I'm just trying to add some balance where I can. I understand passion and understand people expressing that passion on a variety of topics regarding the game. But, expressing that passion can be done without resorting to hyperbole and code of conduct violations on the forums.

You are so about to be rushed by angry fly-babies.
It was nice knowing you though.

People have been twisting my words or using them as "promises" for many years now. I'm not going anywhere. I also don't like the trend of calling people or groups of people names just because they have something they feel strongly about. It's not worthy of anyone who wants to have their thoughts taken seriously.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#272 - Aug. 10, 2015, 6:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To give everyone a location for the information that is out there on Legion so far, I've created a sticky thread here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300119270

We just announced the expansion, we know many people have questions on a variety of things and we will address as many of those as we can over time. It's just too soon to dive too deeply into all of the details. We'll get there though.