Thank you Blizzard Devs

#1 - Aug. 7, 2015, 5:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been raised on Blizzard games, I used to watch my dad yell at Starcraft, explore the depths of hell in Diablo and ascend the frozen throne in Warcraft III. Those were the first games I ever played, I even remember when I beat the butcher as a young Sorceress! :D

I know you guys work really hard to bring quality content to your playerbase, to explore things we haven't before in lore that we've loved since Warcraft. I also know about all the crap we as a playerbase put you guys through, and I'm sorry about that. I just feel like you guys are giving it your all and hope you know that there are still some few who just love what you do and hope you continue too as well!

Thank you for the wonderful moments I've had growing up with your games.

~Ezran
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - Aug. 7, 2015, 5:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for the kind words. It's always appreciated.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Aug. 7, 2015, 5:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/07/2015 10:54 AMPosted by Keldar
08/07/2015 10:44 AMPosted by Nethaera

It's a safe assumption to make that most of the people here criticize out of a good place. Phrasing can generally use a bit of work, but if people didn't legitimately care about the game, they wouldn't be here.

It's an assumption I always keep to. People ask all the time, "how do you do it" (as a CM). I respond that if people are talking to us, they care. It's when they stop talking that should be of concern.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#27 - Aug. 7, 2015, 6:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/07/2015 11:23 AMPosted by Steele
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's an assumption I always keep to. People ask all the time, "how do you do it" (as a CM). I respond that if people are talking to us, they care. It's when they stop talking that should be of concern.

I climbed on a CH-47 (the big double rotor helicopter) with a bunch of other Marines once.

One of our PFCs looked over and saw a bunch of mechanical fluids oozing steadily out of the side of the aircraft and commented to the crew chief, concerned.
The crew chief laughed and said not to worry when it's leaking, it's when it stops leaking that you should worry - because that means you're out!

Your reply here reminded me exactly of that day. :)
I think you guys do a great job for the most part with a difficult but very invested fan-base, and I appreciate your outlook. It's a damn good one to have.

haha.. Nice analogy. We really are glad to be here and know that despite how it may seem, many many more of the community is with us for the right reasons than against us for the wrong ones. That said, we also aren't slacking off on our end either.

Thanks for serving btw. That is also very appreciated.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#57 - Aug. 7, 2015, 8:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/07/2015 01:17 PMPosted by Arlais
08/07/2015 10:44 AMPosted by Nethaera

I am not trying to be ugly here or anything of the sort but I have to ask you a question. Why did you feel it was necessary to reply to this thread three times yet I just had to go a third party website to answer a question I posed to you directly about transmog and artifact weapons.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300178487?page=4#64

Let me start by saying that I come to the forums when I can, that being said, I don't always get to spend much time in them since I have other duties beyond just posting here. The question was answered on that third party site because during events like gamescom we do interviews with people on the latest information while the information is fresh and the people who want to do interviews and the people doing the interviews are in the same location. I could have pointed you to the interview and started to, but saw others had also already posted and shared it in several locations on the forums.

I also asked you about the flight meta in Legion in another thread, but I don't even expect an answer to that. The transmog answer was on Icy Veins, but what if I didn't know about Icy Veins. Third party websites should not be your primary source for giving out information.

I have no problem whatsoever with blues replying to threads like this one or the silly ones about cats wearing socks or whatever. How about also maybe answering player questions from time to time as well, maybe at least an equal rate as you all post in fluff threads. I know fluff posts are a lot easier to reply to. But this isn't your hobby, it's a job.

It's a portion of my job, a very small portion, but one I take seriously. Often, it comes in the form of the blog posts on the front page among other things. "Fluff" posts (as you put them) have their place. They lift spirits, give us a chance to interact on a human level, reaffirm we're here and reading beyond just what is going on in said "fluff" post and more. Our job is like an iceberg. You only see the tip of it but it runs much deeper under the surface.

I know not every question can get a direct a blue reply. That would not be feasible. However, you must admit that there is a very real perception that player concerns are not being addressed or even heard. Replying to more questions directly and having info on the actual game forum would go a long way to improving the situation.

I completely agree there is a perception that some people have as to what we are or are not doing, answering or not answering. I'd love to say we can answer everything, but we can't or often can't right now. That doesn't mean it may not be getting answered whether directly or some other way. We are always watching, reading, compiling feedback, watching what people are saying, and more.

I really don't mind answering this for you and explaining it a bit to you because if you're asking and wondering, others are too. This is what I can offer you right now. Just know we aren't sitting about idly waiting for something to pop up for us to do. We are always doing and planning. We'll keep on trying to keep in touch with you all on everything that we can as we can.