Did they...did they nerf mission completion?

#1 - July 2, 2015, 12:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The tokens from the spirit tower only shaved an hour off this shipyard mission.

That was essenitally the only thing that made shipyards bearable.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - July 2, 2015, 12:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is a bug that occurred for some people as a hotfix to naval missions went live:

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/616404103674101760

Side effect of the hotfix. If a mission was in-progress when the hotfix went live, it cannot be instantly completed.

The hotifxes referenced here:

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/616387950662787072

A few Shipyard hotfixes are live, including:
•Most Naval mission times reduced.
•Gold/Apexis rewards increased.
Hotfix blog update incoming.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - July 2, 2015, 12:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/01/2015 05:42 PMPosted by Gaffgarrion
EDIT: Zarhym post made my post redundant gg.

We didn't nerf the building. Its effectiveness remains unchanged. We DID nerf many of the naval mission times and buffed the rewards.

All of this should be relatively good news as far as shipyards are concerned. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#27 - July 2, 2015, 1:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/01/2015 05:49 PMPosted by Daerellin
07/01/2015 05:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
We didn't nerf the building. Its effectiveness remains unchanged. We DID nerf many of the naval mission times and buffed the rewards.

All of this should be relatively good news as far as shipyards are concerned. :)

What about instances of the Mission Completion Orders drastically increasing the time to complete existing naval missions? I applied a few completion orders about an hour ago, and they added anywhere between 5 and 18 hours to the missions they were used on.

Normally I wouldn't be fussing about something like this, but this pushes back my ability to continue the Legendary quest chain by another day.

Halp :(

For anyone who wasted Mission Completion Orders while this hotfix was applied, wherein the order didn't work as intended by instantly completing the mission, you can contact Customer Support and request a refund of the item.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#29 - July 2, 2015, 1:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/01/2015 05:57 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
So. The fix doesn't seem to affect missions already in progress which means the better part of my fleet will still be gone for three days.

That's something we couldn't really make happen via hotfix for in-progress missions. Sorry. :\

Edit: However, any gold and Apexis Crystal rewards for those in-progress missions should properly be increased when the missions are completed.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#34 - July 2, 2015, 1:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/01/2015 06:07 PMPosted by Koragon
And how do I go about doing that? Call them? Send an in-game ticket?

Yea, open up an in-game ticket and let them know that your Mission Completion Order didn't work as a result of the hotfix to naval missions today, and that you were instructed by a community manager on the forums to request to have that item restored for you.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - July 2, 2015, 1:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/01/2015 06:07 PMPosted by Serger
Yeah...

This added the original duration of a mission to my remaining time.

A two day mission with 11 hours left, now has 2 days and 11 hours remaining.

Thanks.

It's absolutely an unfortunate bug that came out of applying this hotfix, and for that we apologize. Going forward though this change will be very helpful.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#38 - July 2, 2015, 1:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/01/2015 06:10 PMPosted by Mallard
07/01/2015 06:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
For anyone who wasted Mission Completion Orders while this hotfix was applied, wherein the order didn't work as intended by instantly completing the mission, you can contact Customer Support and request a refund of the item.

This is nice but the issue isn't really the item itself. It is the time lost. Unless the item is refunded almost immediately (opening a ticket will probably take longer than the mission anyway) and will work on the affected missions it doesn't really help anything. You are still out 2-3 days on your ships because of this bug.

I've been told Customer Support is unable to reset the mission for you. Getting the item back to use again on another mission still has some value.