Something to give Blizz a kick up the...

#0 - Aug. 10, 2009, 11:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First off, I would like to say yes I have read the current blizz posts about instance servers, and that I apologise for yet another instance thread, but I'm not just complaining about the instances!

I've been playing for 3 years now on Eonar, which has grown in size since then. My post is in regards to my experience on this server, so I can't speak for others (However looking at posts it seems they're similar on other servers)

I'm sick to death of Blizzards not being bothered at all about their players. They seem to have become so engrossed in getting MORE subscribers on top of their record breaking numbers that they have forgotten that more players mean larger servers, more realms, more staff and all that comes with it.
Obviously I don't know much, or any, of Blizzards structure as a company, but as a consumer I can see that it isnt working, and I am extremely dissappointed in the product.

I recently had to contact Blizzard about a problem with my account. Using the webform, it took anything from 3-5 days for me to receive an automated response, which was in no way helpful and often ended up going in circles. After about 2 weeks I gave up on the webform (Through all of this time I didnt have access to my account)
I then phoned billing support, where I was on hold for 2 hours before finally getting through and it took about 5 minutes to resolve.
I then logged on and had a ticket open for 2 days before a GM contacted me to return items I had lost.
Now I'm all set to play again, with the exciting new 3.2.0 patch, and I'm stuck head bashing an instance portal repeatedly for 2 hours before the party disbands and I waste yet more of my time.

Now, with any usual game I could perhaps stomach all of this. But then I remind myself I'm paying subscription fees, for this kind of service? I can no longer do anything on the game.

To me, Blizzard is too busy counting their profit and developing new ways to attract people to the game. I'm very grateful they are still making it as entertaining as possible with new patches, but that isnt all there is to the game.

The instance servers are the last straw for me. I want solutions from Blizzard, and fast. I'm not saying I want an immediate fix for the capacity, as I know this would be unreasonable, but ATLEAST something to alleviate the problem.

A queueing system for instances - The most annoying thing currently is the fact you have to run back and forth. A simple queueing system (I heard someone suggest a battleground type queue) would atleast allow people to do other things in the mean-time. Its such an obvious thing to do, and with the changes they've made in the past (LFG system, dual-spec etc) I can't see it being that difficult a project.

I've not played for a few days now, simply because I refuse to waste my evening trying to get into an instance. I shouldn't be doing this when I pay subscription, so quite simply if this isn't resolved or improved in some way by September when my subscription needs renewing, I'm cancelling my account.

This has been going on for FAR to long for them to blame their lack of action to be down to the servers being 'complicated and delicate'. Furthermore ALL realms should have their hardware updated since the rise in players is likely to continue. I was angry to see Eonar wasn't on the list of realms to be updated on the recent update thread. No realms should be overlooked.

I ask that people join me in letting Blizz know, by posting in this thread, that we will cancel subscriptions if they refuse to put much effort into this issue
#6 - Aug. 11, 2009, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We recognize the seriousness of this issue, and we are working diligently on resolving it without negatively impacting the performance while playing in instances. We are in the process of modifying our hardware setup to allow for more instances to be active.

If you wish to post feedback or suggestions on the Instance Capacity issue, please do so in the sticky thread dedicated to that issue:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=9941934722