People lack originality

#1 - June 19, 2015, 11:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Pet battles lately have been saturated with the constant use of a select few pets and one team type.

90% of the teams in the pvp pet battle are

Weebomination
Mechanical Dragonling
Graves
Fragment of Anger
Terrorclaw hatchling

or
Some other form of AoE pet, but the majority of the aoe teams are those.
Only reason Murckalot isn't on this list is because he isn't as common as the other seeing as he isn't as easy to get as they are.

Now these teams aren't hard to beat in fact they are quite easy to plan for, but every pet battle having these pets in some combination, sometimes three of one of them just gets old.

I could understand people's need to use these pets that they think are "overpowered" or "unstoppable" if pvp pet battles rewarded you with anything more than few minutes of fun, but they don't you gain nothing from pet battles other than a few minutes of amusement. So what exactly is the point of just playing the same team over and over again, never trying anything new, never having fun trying out new team concepts, just playing the same team that is flavor of the month just to get some sense of satisfaction if you win with it like you have accomplished something nobody else could. I mean you don't even get to see your opponents reaction or talk to them at all after or even during the battle. All it is is some randomly generated avatar so you will never know who you fought.

TLDR version: Try something new people.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#47 - June 22, 2015, 11:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/19/2015 04:10 PMPosted by Pariah
Pet battles lately have been saturated with the constant use of a select few pets and one team type.

90% of the teams in the pvp pet battle are

Weebomination
Mechanical Dragonling
Graves
Fragment of Anger
Terrorclaw hatchling

or
Some other form of AoE pet, but the majority of the aoe teams are those.

Right after you posted this, I constructed a few teams and went looking to pwn the above pets.

But I never faced a single one of them.

What I did notice was a lot of people using:

'Lil Ragnaros -- On almost every team. I found myself putting a snail in the third spot, leading with it, and then waiting for Sons (they're all running Sons) to time the Dive.

Senjin Fetish, Fiendish Imp -- Yeah I don't know. I thought about trying to counter them, but couldn't find the energy.

Hydraling -- Dat shell armor.

Servant of Demidos -- Didn't see too often, but I can see why people are using it.

It was a lot of fun to PBPvP for a while. Thanks for encouraging it!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#50 - June 23, 2015, 12:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Well I'm going to keep at least doing the daily, so surely I'll see this trend eventually.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#51 - June 23, 2015, 12:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
In the meta I've experienced these last three days, Nexus Whelpling with Arcane Storm and Mana Surge has been doing a lot of heavy lifting.