Still being strung along

#1 - June 10, 2015, 11:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When is patch 6.2.x?

No one knows.

We won't get flying after we've completed the requirements for it. We will get flying when they put in the patch if we've completed the requirements for it.

Blizzard can still take their time about putting flying into current content, and they can still string people along for their subs until then.

Blizzard can still change their mind and not put in flying, even after all of this mess. They can say they changed their minds and that we misunderstood their "intention."

I won't believe it until I see it.

(I'm already Loremaster of Draenor, have explored all the areas available so far, and will have the treasures achievement completed by tonight since I already had 30 or so from leveling. I will just have to do exploration of Tanaan and the reps, so don't say I'm whining about having to do things in order to get flying. I don't trust Blizzard, and not having a firm date for flying in the game makes me believe them even less.)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - June 11, 2015, 4:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/10/2015 04:20 PMPosted by Talacocheta
When is patch 6.2.x?

No one knows.

We won't get flying after we've completed the requirements for it. We will get flying when they put in the patch if we've completed the requirements for it.

Blizzard can still take their time about putting flying into current content, and they can still string people along for their subs until then.

Blizzard can still change their mind and not put in flying, even after all of this mess. They can say they changed their minds and that we misunderstood their "intention."

I won't believe it until I see it.

(I'm already Loremaster of Draenor, have explored all the areas available so far, and will have the treasures achievement completed by tonight since I already had 30 or so from leveling. I will just have to do exploration of Tanaan and the reps, so don't say I'm whining about having to do things in order to get flying. I don't trust Blizzard, and not having a firm date for flying in the game makes me believe them even less.)

The reality is that we don't think it's good for anyone for us to delay Patch 6.2 further to implement this. When it comes to building, testing, and deploying patches, such a change this late in the PTR cycle is far from trivial. More broadly, it's very much a fact that, in a world of production processes and development pipelines, results on a change in design decision like this can't be immediate.

Whether or not you believe this to be truthful is inconsequential. We've explained to the community our change in decision and how we'll go about implementing that change, purely to update everyone and inform you.