Credit Card - Error 202: Information

#0 - Aug. 6, 2008, 5:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It seems blizzard is having issues currently with processing credit card information.

If you are getting this error:

"Error 202: We were unable to process your request with the information provided. Please contact our Billing and Account Services team for assistance - (800-592-5499)."

-While trying to digitally upgrade trial account to standard account.
-While trying to add payment method to account.
-While trying to digitally upgrade standard account to burning crusade account.

1) This error isn't your credit cards fault, you can call your credit card company to confirm this.
2) Using another credit card won't currently fix this.
3) Clearing internet cache, history, temperary internet files, or changing computers or web browzers won't currently fix this.
4) It seems to be account-specific, the trigger is unknown?
5) Can affect pre-paid visa's.

You can call Billing & Account Services to let them know more about your issue. They can try to do the credit card payment for you with information you provide. But currently, they will get the same error.

Billing & Account Services:

Phone Support - 1 (800) 592-5499
Live Representatives Available Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM Pacific Time. (1 AM - 1 PM AEST)

Users in Australia should call 1-800-041-378 if the above number doesn't work.

Users in Singapore should call 1-800-254-9927 if the above number doesn't work

Other International users should call (949) 955-0283 if the above number doesn't work.

For some Non-US countries you may need to dial 00 for international access followed by the number.
Please note - This does not apply to players from Australia/NZ.

Current Solutions: (Until blizzard fixes this)
-Buy a retail copy of the game, payment cards, or expansion game, and upgrade that way.
-Creating a new trial account shouldn't have the problem again.

The first solution has been suggested over and over by the Billing & Account services, and it currently is the only known solution that I am aware of without creating a new account. At least 40+ cases of this reported on forums & google searches.

Request Sticky. Good luck!
#13 - Aug. 7, 2008, 11:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Customer Service Reps,

Would it help to work with a customer who has this issue directly, so we can facilitate reproducing the issue live with you?

No, because there aren't any known issues with the system, Lac. If you have received the error it means you need to contact our Billing Department who may be able to assist in resolving it but otherwise I'm afraid you will need to purchase a box copy. I understand this may be an inconvenience and I apologize for that.

#16 - Aug. 8, 2008, 1:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please call billing on this as the message says when it pops up.

Q u o t e:
Phone Support

Live representatives are on hand Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM Pacific Time to answer your questions.

For assistance please call: 1 (800) 592 5499
Users located in Australia should use 1-800-041-378 if they cannot get through with the number above.
Users located in Singapore should use 800-2549927 if they cannot get through with the number above.
International: (949) 955-0283
#44 - Aug. 15, 2008, 5:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This must be something on Blizz side

Nope. I'm sorry, Xephine, but it isn't.
#54 - Jan. 7, 2009, 9:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I just tried to update my RAF account from trial to subscription so I can open mail and trade with my new character.

Everything was smooth until I had to enter credit card info.

I'm not getting any "error 202" - what I get is the page flashes and comes up with the CC # field blank (despite being filled before i hit submit).....so I try again.

I try another card.

I try the last 4 of the card for the zip.........NOTHING WORKS.

How the heck are you supposed to upgrade if you can't pay?

(Card 1 is the current card I use on my main account successfully)

Reading that someone was billed 17 times while trying to upgrade but receiving an error - this has me quite concerned. Ughh....

There are a couple standard things you can try, Plopp.

One is to clear your cookies, cache, temp internet files - or try another browser.

Some transactions you can choose 'new' for credit card - even if you are inputting the same information. Not sure if that is on upgrades though.

As to the 17 times thing, that is most likely just pending charges. Pendings aren't really charges yet, although a bank or credit card company may set aside funds. Those usually clear themselves within just a few days.

If neither of those techniques help, I'd recommend giving billing a ring in the morning.

Billing and Account Services
Phone Support - 1 (800) 59-BLIZZ (1 (800) 592 5499)
Live Representatives Available Mon-Fri, 8am to 8pm PST
E-mail Support - Billing@Blizzard.com
  • Players in Australia should call 1-800-041-378
  • Players in Singapore should call 800-2549-9273
  • Players in Chile should call 1230-020-5554
  • Players in Mexico should call 001-888-578-7628
  • Players in Argentina should call 0800-333-0778
  • All other international players should call: (949) 955-0283
  • #56 - Jan. 7, 2009, 9:46 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Sounds like it did upgrade Plopp.

As to rewards, the zheevra is granted when 2 months have been paid.

Credit cards are not billed until any current time expires. So, say he has 5 days of just trial left, and is on month to month.

In that case the CC would bill once those 5 days expire, then again when that month expires.

By the way, game cards are applied immediately. If you wanted to go that route to get your zheevra more quickly, many players have chosen that as an option.
    #58 - May 15, 2009, 10:02 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Q u o t e:

I'm having error 202 on a trial account and it happens everytime even with signing up for arena tourney

Death, if you'd like to make a new thread, it would keep ones that are months old down where they belong - thanks!