Forced to sell WoW token

#1 - April 8, 2015, 5:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have an issue with the way the WoW tokens are being restricted. I bought a token for 20$, and i'm saving it until I feel I want to sell it based on market value. At the same time, I know my game time runs out on the 13th of this month, and with prices being what they are at the moment..Hopped on my alliance character, and was going to purchase one for the 22k. That's when the problem arose..Apparently, you're not allowed to buy a token out of AH, with gold....When you have a token in your bag, that you've purchased with money. I don't know if this is intended, but I don't understand it...But I feel as though I'm being forced to either.. A) Sell my token at current market value, which I believe is wrong.. B) Use my own token, (That costs 5$ more than a normal sub) to keep my game time going... What is the point in being able to buy a token with money, if I'm forced to sell, to be able to purchase another one for personal use?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#110 - April 17, 2015, 12:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We don't allow you to have both Tokens (Shop and AH) at the same time to avoid any kind of purchasing or redemption confusion. If you have the cash to buy a Token from the Shop but also need subscription time, a month of subscription is less expensive and so it's probably recommended you go that route instead.