Spirit Trinkets buff?

#1 - March 12, 2015, 6:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Apparently BRF spirit trinkets got a buff on spirit, my http://www.wowhead.com/item=113986/auto-repairing-autoclave&bonus=566 went from 491 to 652.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#23 - March 12, 2015, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A hotfix went out earlier this morning to buff two of the trinkets that had a low stat budget relative to other trinkets. This will be posted as an update to the hotfix blog later today.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - March 12, 2015, 9:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/12/2015 02:27 PMPosted by Bryxn
03/12/2015 02:18 PMPosted by Xastii
looks like it time i start rolling on non spirit jewelery since my rediculous spirit trinket got more spirit that i dont need.

Yep, you would think after almost 30 pages of discussion on this earlier in the week they would have listened to what was being said... I don't think more spirit was ever suggested to make the stat more desirable for healers.

Healers: We dont need spirit after a point.
Blizz: If thats the case we need to make it more desirable.
Us: Give it a spell power bonus similar to bonus armor, problem solved.
Blizz: We hear spirit isn't desirable for healers, so in order to make it more desirable we have added more to trinkets you didn't want because they had spirit on them.

/facepalm

That's not something that can be fixed with a numbers buff to two trinkets. This change was to address that the two trinkets in question were under budget relative to other trinkets. That's all.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#46 - March 12, 2015, 9:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just to help clarify, on top of what Rygarius said: These changes were made because the items were under budget and not giving the appropriate amount of stats for their item level. There was a bug, so we fixed it.

This was not a change made to make healers more interested in Spirit trinkets. We recognize that Spirit isn't the most appealing stat for healers at the moment, and are discussing how we want to handle that, but that's a separate issue than the one that prompted the changes to these trinkets.