What's the point in dungeons

#1 - Feb. 12, 2015, 11:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If there's next to no reason to do them?

MoP gave us the incentive to run them for Valor points and personally, I loved it. It gave me a reason to go do dungeons.

But now, since I've out geared them...why should I bother returning? All that hard work put into dungeons by Blizzard and I only have enough incentive to run them for 1-2 weeks before never returning to them for the rest of the expansion.

Before anyone pulls the "if you like it then you don't need a reward to do it": try applying that logic to running raids by removing gear drops from them and see how well that works out.

So I'm just sayin', Blizz, please give us some form of incentive to do 5 mans. A trivial amount of garrison resources and a petty amount of gold isn't good incentive.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - Feb. 12, 2015, 7:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/12/2015 03:21 AMPosted by Wazulz
But now, since I've out geared them...why should I bother returning? All that hard work put into dungeons by Blizzard and I only have enough incentive to run them for 1-2 weeks before never returning to them for the rest of the expansion.

6.1 introduces new daily quests that set you on a number of different types of tasks. You're provided a random task type each day, and within that type a quest is chosen out of a bucket of possible quests. One of the task types is to complete a specific dungeon, and you'll receive a bag with gear up to (I believe) 655 ilvl. Say you get the dungeon daily, and so do I, we'll both have the same quest for that day to go (for example) go do Everbloom. Whereas our friends may get tasks of the other quest types (bounty kills, treasure hunts, raids, professions, etc). So you can visit each others Garrisons to pick up the quests you want to do that day. You can do all of them by coordinating who has what quest types available, or just do the one that's in your Garrison for that day.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#51 - Feb. 12, 2015, 8:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/12/2015 12:14 PMPosted by Dhedbroak
6.1 introduces new daily quests that set you on a number of different types of tasks. You're provided a random task type each day, and within that type a quest is chosen out of a bucket of possible quests....You can do all of them by coordinating who has what quest types available, or just do the one that's in your Garrison for that day.

Sounds like my wife's "Job Jar" at home. Talk about breaking my immersion.

Your wife sounds awesome.