My big protest to Blizzard

#1 - Feb. 4, 2015, 5:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
For some reason Blizzard has a firm stance on what we can and cannot transmog. People have been asking to transmog greys, whites, and legendaries for years. They give us invisible items we can't transmog, well the final straw just happened for me today.

I've been piecing together the MIstdancer garrison set for a while, the one you get very slowly from the salvage yard.

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1948/mistdancer-armor

I'm just about done so I wanted to try to mog it up and I found out the gloves and shoulders are non-moggable, wtf. Why gives us a transmog set we can't transmog? Seriously, that's just like taunting us.

So Blizzards stance is we have a certain look we want all players to have, regardless of what they want. Well I'm here to say screw that, from now on, until I get either bored of it or until Blizzard lifts transmog restrictions, EVERY time I'm out in public I'm going to be using Moroes' Famous Polish. That's right, If I can't dress how I want, I just won't dress at all.

How do you like these apples Blizzard?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - Feb. 4, 2015, 9:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
EVERY time I'm out in public I'm going to be using Moroes' Famous Polish. That's right, If I can't dress how I want, I just won't dress at all.

How do you like these apples Blizzard?

Well I dunno, I mean, it's an item you can use... They seem like reasonable apples???

02/04/2015 09:19 AMPosted by Ocoo
For some reason Blizzard has a firm stance on what we can and cannot transmog.

We just want there to be some kind of order to how characters in the game look. Even with the current restrictions you can do some pretty crazy stuff, but that doesn't mean it should necessarily be anything goes. And it's a big new(ish) system with potentially far reaching consequences if we're not careful. At least to start. We've pretty frequently made changes to the rules to allow more transmog options, and that's likely to continue. Over a slightly longer term we think there should be a more defined system around transmog, with more defined paths of gameplay to specific options and looks. It's not news it's something we've been working on, and we're continuing to work on it.