This game genre is the only one...

#1 - Feb. 3, 2015, 5:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
That can get away with releasing an entire unfinished product. MMORPGS are the only genre that can release a beta and call it Live and finish beta by .1 patches.

I am, of course, talking about Tanaan Jungle. We know that it more than likely will not be in 6.1, but .2 or even .3. This is an outrage and people should be mad about it. We are getting nice little features such as the selfie camera and new Garrison features, but no meat.

Where are the quests? Where is all of this content that justifies the removal of a feature that was in the game for 80% of its current life span? Certainly not in 6.1.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#55 - Feb. 3, 2015, 8:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't think we'd ever consider World of Warcraft to be "done". Releasing patches and updates don't equate to finishing an unfinished product, because realistically it's not a game we'd ever consider to be "finished". Partly due to it being an MMO and constant updates being a given, but as Blizzard it's just our style to support and update our games for as long as people are playing them. We always have more ideas for WoW, and more content, and it's just a matter of deciding what to work on and when. We have the 6.1 patch notes if you'd like to take a look, which adds a number of new features like the Heirloom tab; daily and weekly quests that send you and friends into dungeons, raids, outdoor group content, and on scavenger hunts; new raid bosses that will invade your Garrison and require a large group to defeat; continuation of the Legendary questline; new Darkmoon Faire content with stages that progress each time it's in-town; improvements and changes for Ashran, raids, dungeons, grouping, Followers, Missions, classes, professions, currencies; and a ton of other new items, tweaks and changes--oh and maybe not relevant for everyone, but a pretty robust color blind settings.

World of Warcraft is constantly changing, and we're constantly working at improving and expanding it. We're proud of the fact that we're able to iterate on and improve our designs, that we never have to be 'done' with improving it, and continue to release not only quality of life improvements, but correct any of our missteps, address player-reported issues, and introduce compelling new ways to enjoy and play the game. 6.1 has shaped up to be a great patch and testing is nearer and nearer to completion. We're excited to see progress through the newly opened Blackrock Foundry raid, and are already hard at work on Patch 6.2.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#71 - Feb. 3, 2015, 8:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/03/2015 12:14 PMPosted by MordecaĆ­

Dont mean to be rude but it look like someone used ctrl-c ctrl-v here.

I use that alot. Nothing wrong with using it. What you said in the past can still be relevant to the present.[/quote]

Hah! Well I just wrote all that from scratch, so I will take that as a compliment that my writing seems very polished. ;D
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#72 - Feb. 3, 2015, 8:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/03/2015 12:14 PMPosted by MordecaĆ­
02/03/2015 12:12 PMPosted by Blakebone

Dont mean to be rude but it look like someone used ctrl-c ctrl-v here.

I use that alot. Nothing wrong with using it. What you said in the past can still be relevant to the present.

Hah! Well I just wrote all that from scratch, so I will take that as a compliment that my writing seems very polished. ;D