Why do we still use outhouses?

#1 - Jan. 22, 2015, 11:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No really, why? We can manufacture siege tanks, helicopters, motorcycles, intricate mechanical pets, giant robots, and devices that literally affect the entire world. Yet apparently lack of technology limits us to performing bodily functions in a tiny wooden box (which doesn't even have a hole in the floor).

This is madness! As an engineer I demand a more practical alternative. Perhaps a bowl-shaped device that collects waste, and then transfers it to an area far away via a pipeline...

Hah, what am I saying? That would never work.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#30 - Jan. 23, 2015, 12:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Outhouses are still used in our world, with all of our technology and industrial advances. Storing crap in a hole is pretty easy and efficient.

But the more obvious invention in this context I think would be that instead of flushing toilets and sewage pipes there is some sort of Gnomish gizmo down in every outhouse that teleports it all... somewhere. And no one asks any questions.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - Jan. 23, 2015, 12:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/22/2015 04:42 PMPosted by Morgam
01/22/2015 04:40 PMPosted by Bashiok
But the more obvious invention in this context I think would be that instead of flushing toilets and sewage pipes there is some sort of Gnomish gizmo down in every outhouse that teleports it all... somewhere

Undercity, probably.

I didn't say it.

Don't ask any questions.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#34 - Jan. 23, 2015, 12:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/22/2015 04:43 PMPosted by Ræyne
But do I have to do it in a cold, unheated outhouse, and wipe with a corncob or old newspapers?

What!? Are you saying you're not regularly farming for silk cloth????