I don't like Bashiok's attitude.

#1 - Jan. 22, 2015, 2:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Sorry Bash, but this flying mount issue is a very hot button source of anger to VERY many within the community. You roll into posts to insist your views (and only your views) on the topic, and you are angering many people. Blizzard (and yourself) need to consider that you stand to lose more subscribers by dropping flight than you do by allowing it. I won't beat the "choice" argument to death, and nobody should need to at this point.

Your posts have been inconsiderate, demeaning to many within the player base who are not of your opinion, and quite honest, you stoke a great deal of anger by how you conduct yourself on this topic. My only hope is that you aren't representative of everyone at Blizzard who has any say or sway on this topic, because quite honesty, its disgraceful.

Your posts like "Oh wow..I was in Outlands and forgot I could even fly there...guess I'm not attached to the mechanic" .. I mean, come on. What was that attempting to convey? That those of us who collected, raided for, and paid for flying mounts should be like you? Are you really that obtuse? Nothing about your posts on flight are helpful..and often quite the opposite.

Tread carefully on this issue Bliz. VERY carefully.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#97 - Jan. 22, 2015, 3:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Well... I'm sorry, I honestly didn't intend to offend anyone or imply my experience is more valid than someone else's. I think, though, that you may be placing undue messages and tones on my posts that aren't intended when I post them, and potentially that's my error in not writing them better. I had an experience in-game, I saw a thread, it reminded me of that experience, and I thought it was valuable sharing it.

To catch everyone up, I believe this is the post you're referring to from about a week ago. Reading it again myself I don't personally see it implying all of the things you brought up, especially with what I said in the final sentence. But, if that's how you perceived it, I'd like to know more about why it strikes you that way.

01/15/2015 11:56 AMPosted by Bashiok
It's weird, I got the Garrison mission that rewards the Halaa tokens, so I went back to Outland to go buy the war Talbuk I never got. I take a taxi from the portal to Telaar, and then run to Halaa, and it wasn't until I saw someone else on a flying mount that it even hit me that I *could* fly. It was a really ... impactful, I guess, realization on how flying/not flying impacts my own personal gameplay. I guess the answer for me is not very much.

I know. Blah blah blah I'm a corporate drone, etc. etc. but honestly, as a player, I didn't even consider it was something that I had available to me. I think that says... something. I'm not sure what... Maybe just that I'm not personally that attached to flying as a game mechanic? I can understand how the exact opposite could be true for others, though.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#130 - Jan. 22, 2015, 3:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/21/2015 07:44 PMPosted by Rivendarre

Bashiok,
My point is this- whenever you chime in on flight, it always seems to promote the idea of no flight. I think many within the community are a bit surprised by no flight in 6.1..or any plans as yet. To read your words (which I basically follow mostly via blue tracker on MMO Champ) one would think you are promoting, prepping us for, and darn near spiking the football on the death of flight.

You say you can understand how the opposite feeling on the matter can be true, but when have you ever promoted that point of view as you often do for no-flying, at least when you post on the forums?

Well... but... So I have a bad attitude because I'm relating personal opinions and stories that correlate with the current design direction of the game? Harsh. Seems like this isn't actually about me, so I will cordially step backwards out of this thread and bid you all adieu. /lowbowwitharmsoutstretched
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#379 - Jan. 22, 2015, 7:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/21/2015 11:10 PMPosted by Stabetha
When they post in a thread with a blue post they are posting as a representative of blizzard.

That's true in a sense, but if it were strictly true we should just have a single account we all post from called Blizzard or World of Warcraft that just makes statements when we have statements to make. We have individual accounts because we're individuals, and can act and interact on an individual basis. I think if your expectations are for it to be a purely customer service desk-style situation with yes ma'am's and no ma'am's then it's going to take some adjusting to.

I think that's okay. I'd rather be a human and chat with people about the game, have discussions, and reconcile experiences and situations than conform to what others assume my (our) role should be--and even deal with when those interactions don't line up with what people want our responses to be. Mainly because I think it's a wholly more useful role for us than what may be assumed.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#384 - Jan. 22, 2015, 7:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/21/2015 11:23 PMPosted by Sephrinx
Does anyone ever like Bashioks attitude? He is a grade a rude and snide person.

My mom says I'm cool...
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#417 - Jan. 22, 2015, 7:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/21/2015 11:30 PMPosted by Stabetha
]whether you like it or not when your post are blue people know you are an employee of blizzard how would you feel if you went into a store ask an employees a question and got a rude sarcastic comment back from them?

I don't think I'm rude... but probably more sarcastic than I should be sometimes? The forums aren't a store though, and like I said that's likely an expectation issue that we just need to be aware of and account for. Some people may not enjoy interacting with us, and would prefer strict Q&A's, and while we do plenty of that kind of thing I don't think it should preclude us from being able to interact on a more personable level. I think it's a negativity bias perceptional issue that we only do one and not the other.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#458 - Jan. 22, 2015, 7:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/21/2015 11:47 PMPosted by Kirigani

Perhaps not rude, but you are infuriating when we cite specific problems, ie with the new models, and you come off with some "splotches could be freckles, or they could be scars ... subject to artistic interpretation." Listen up, buddy ... turning tauren into hybrid llama-camel things is NOT artistic interpretation ... it's bad modeling. I know. I'm a modeler.

You come off as flippant, condescending and shallow. And that's not the way you should be when addressing concerns of a lot of people.

I'm hedging on cancelling my three accounts. My husband already has. Now I know, I'm just one person, but I've been here non-stop for a long time and I'm the kind of player you're driving off.

That's difficult because what you're saying is that by not agreeing with you, and offering reasons for why we may not agree, I'm being flippant. We created the new tauren models because we think they look good that way--that's just quite plainly going to be an artistic interpretation no matter how you slice it. You can disagree with our choices, and we may even not agree with your disagreement [I would take a moment though to draw your attention to some of the many tweaks and changes we've made to the models almost entirely based on player feedback being implemented with 6.1]. But disagreement isn't the same as dismissive. There are quite literally millions of players, and while we take preferences and feedback into account, we have to make decisions on our own to try to do right by the game experience for all those players.