Why were DK tanks so damn nerfed?

#0 - Feb. 17, 2010, 9:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
- I take more damage than other tanks (I don't have a shield to block, I don't have a truckload of armor, the extra Parry I get doesn't seem to be enough)
- My threat generation is severely crippled by the crappy rune system (2 Blood Boils, wait 10s lol, DnD 15s cd lololol).

I'm almost giving up on DK tanking on heroics. I have 40k HP unbuffed, my gear mostly 232-245 stuff, why do I feel like I'm a Paladin in blues in H PoS with a healer with decent gear?
#54 - Feb. 18, 2010, 12:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
- I take more damage than other tanks (I don't have a shield to block, I don't have a truckload of armor, the extra Parry I get doesn't seem to be enough)
- My threat generation is severely crippled by the crappy rune system (2 Blood Boils, wait 10s lol, DnD 15s cd lololol).

I'm almost giving up on DK tanking on heroics. I have 40k HP unbuffed, my gear mostly 232-245 stuff, why do I feel like I'm a Paladin in blues in H PoS with a healer with decent gear?

Hmm, that is very interesting. I've had the exact opposite experience as a Death Knight tank. I've tanked on a Paladin and a Warrior previously and it feels to me that Death Knights are on par with both of those classes in regard to aggro-generation. Of course, we have recently adjusted the class to help it in this aspect of the game. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=22749574063&pageNo=1&sid=1#0