PTR Build Deployment - 1/16/15

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - Jan. 16, 2015, 7:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings All!

The PTR realms are currently offline in order to deploy a new build. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them. I don't have an ETA yet, but these pushes usually take at least 8 hours, if not more.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#4 - Jan. 16, 2015, 7:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/16/2015 11:29 AMPosted by Deathlykyle
Good to see you again, Capt. Turnip! :)

I never left!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#25 - Jan. 16, 2015, 10:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi folks,

I don't have an updated ETA, but progress is still moving on the build deployment.

I don't believe any new models are included in this build, although we're continuing to tweak existing models and fix animation/visual bugs on them.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#33 - Jan. 16, 2015, 11:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/16/2015 02:59 PMPosted by Wigrafzrolok

Any idea when we might see patch notes ? No rush

I know the community team is working on them, these things tend to take time due to localization and such.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#68 - Jan. 17, 2015, 1:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Posted some information regarding the Mac client of this build:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700585845
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#125 - Jan. 17, 2015, 6:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/16/2015 09:56 PMPosted by Benie
01/16/2015 09:52 PMPosted by Rekthin
how much longer till its up\

I think most people wanna know that answer. This has taken longer than any of the beta builds I've ever went though.
I hope the turnip responds with an update soon. But I think he might be in bed by now.

I dunno, there was that one time we lost power because a power station exploded. That build took a while. >.<

We're still monitoring the upload process, but it's proceeding uncharacteristically slow. Our engineers are investigating, but due to the unusual nature of this I don't have an ETA to provide.

Apologies for the delay folks.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#131 - Jan. 17, 2015, 6:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/16/2015 10:35 PMPosted by Benie
Wow. This must be one hell of a build to put that much strain on a random power station. Anyway, thanks for the update. Hope it's soon.

Haha no, that was a beta build last summer. Obviously wasn't anything we did that caused the power outage. I think the final story was somebody ran a car into a transformer pole and took out power for most of Irvine.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#217 - Jan. 17, 2015, 9:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're in the process of deploying the build to the Battle.net App. If your app does not receive the update, please exit the program, wait a few minutes, and re-open.

Realms aren't live yet, but should be shortly.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#248 - Jan. 17, 2015, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Looking into the account issues, sorry folks.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#263 - Jan. 17, 2015, 10:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/17/2015 02:20 PMPosted by Loradias
From 91-100, the characters are locked due to the reverting of 6.1 to 6.0.2., the Iron Invasion. A lot of stressfulness has been upon Blizzard's shoulders, a weight they carry as they progress. I support Blizzard to the end, because I know they will plan on fixing the problem that randomly occurs, they do that because they care.

Nothing got reverted to 6.0.2, that's not really a thing that can happen. The server-side override that allows the MoP PTR accounts to function as WoD accounts was inadvertently removed, which we're trying to resolve.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#279 - Jan. 17, 2015, 11:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Made some changes and we're restarting realms now to try to resolve this issue.